POP3 E-Mail Question

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Our CEO is very picky with technology since he isn't that great with it. He asked me to purchase him a Surface. he has POP3 email and wants to be able to check it on the Surface but messages to be left on server so when he is back at his main PC, they are still there. Once at his main PC, is good with them downloading from the sever. He just wants the Surface be for new emails he gets when out.

Does the Mail app in RT have the ability to "save message on server" for POP3 or should I try to see if I can get him setup as IMAP?

Thanks!
Brian

FinsUpDNC

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Our CEO is very picky with technology since he isn't that great with it. He asked me to purchase him a Surface. he has POP3 email and wants to be able to check it on the Surface but messages to be left on server so when he is back at his main PC, they are still there. Once at his main PC, is good with them downloading from the sever. He just wants the Surface be for new emails he gets when out.

Does the Mail app in RT have the ability to "save message on server" for POP3 or should I try to see if I can get him setup as IMAP?

Thanks!
Brian

you need to use imap with mail. it does not support pop

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the tip...funny how the email app teases you with POP and you select it and it doesn't work. I am in a big bind here now unless someone makes a POP3 email client for Windows RT. I tried adding his account via Outlook.com and while it could send, it would never receive. So I tried to remove and re-add it and I am stuck with: "It looks like you already added this account. If you recently deleted the account and are trying to add it again, please try again later".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon