IE Favorites on the Surface

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
We put the IE Favorites from my wives laptop onto a USB drive and installed them on her Surface RT. No problems, works great when using IE10 from the desktop. They are grouped in their proper folders as they should be.

However, when using the IE10 app from the Metro interface the favorites tiles just line up in a single row without any regards to the folders or order that each was stored in.

Is there any way to organize them into groups with metro so individual favorites can be found easily without scrolling through a row with hundreds of favorites tiles?

I know we can pin the most used ones but it just sucks when she wants to navigate between favorites if one or more aren't pinned.

She can use the desktop IE which has her favorites organized but would prefer to just use the IE app and is getting tired of having to switch between the two versions.

Are we just out of luck?

Po_MD

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Mine are ordered in accordance with when they were added as favorites. I suppose if you really wanted to you could re-add all of your favorites in the desired order.

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
That would be a pain since she literally has a hundred or so favorites. For now shel'll just have to pin her most used ones and deal with the inconvienence of having to switch between the IE app and the desktop IE.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon