Sorry if this has been answered, I tried search but only found two old posts that nobody replied to.

I have my sd card set up so my videos show up under my library. When I open the video player, I only see one of my videos I downloaded, the first one I tried when I was making sure my library worked correctly. But the rest I put on don't show up. They do show up under desktop mode in my library. In the video app if I do a bottom swipe and select "Open File" I can see them, but just unamed icons, which is very annoying. How the heck do I get them all to show up under "my videos" on the main xbox videos page? I need to make this simple enough for the kids to use.
    03-08-2013 09:03 PM
    What file format are the videos?
    03-08-2013 09:19 PM
    What file format are the videos?
    They are all MP4 H.264, ripped one after another using Handbrake, placed in the same folder. They all play fine.

After further searches, I have found several reported instances of this but no solutions. I even deleted the first movie, then reloaded it. Same thing. First one shows up, nothing else does. They all show up under desktop fine.
    03-08-2013 10:17 PM
    Figured it out. I read somewhere where you must name your card folder "Videos" or apps wouldn't see it. Well, I noticed under the xbox app it said "my videos". So I renamed my folder "My Videos" like it would be on my user folder and it worked. I don't know if it was the name or just the process of renaming the folder, but it's fine now.

I wasted an entire evening on something that should be very basic. Not real happy with Microsoft right now, but hopefully somebody finds this helpful.

edit: It was the name change. I added another video and it didn't show up. Changed my video folder name again on the sd card, now it does.
    Last edited by plmn; 03-08-2013 at 11:18 PM.
    HeyCori likes this.
    03-08-2013 10:30 PM