Videos App does not see new movies in folder

pdangcil

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I've tried deleting, adding them again. The Videos App only sees the movies it wants to see. I have added plenty of movies to the SD card. I formatted my SD so that the Surface can see it as another folder (per XDA tutorial). However, some movies are not showing still.
Any help on this? Has anyone else experienced this?

sabbynair

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've tried deleting, adding them again. The Videos App only sees the movies it wants to see. I have added plenty of movies to the SD card. I formatted my SD so that the Surface can see it as another folder (per XDA tutorial). However, some movies are not showing still.
Any help on this? Has anyone else experienced this?

I noticed the same on my 920. I think it recognizes files based on supported formats, at least that's what I thought.

pdangcil

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
avi and mp4. both are playable with the videos app. but for some reason, the app itself only sees a few movies. not all of them. it's weird.

prlundberg

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Try changing the name of the folder they are in (and then change it back if you want). That did the trick for me. Every time I add something new to my SD card I have to do this. They will show in the library in desktop mode but not in the Videos app until I do.

pdangcil

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Try changing the name of the folder they are in (and then change it back if you want). That did the trick for me. Every time I add something new to my SD card I have to do this. They will show in the library in desktop mode but not in the Videos app until I do.

This worked!!! Thanks!! But is this the only workaround? I have to keep changing the folder name for the Videos app to recognize that something has changed? This seems kind of lame!

prlundberg

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
This worked!!! Thanks!! But is this the only workaround? I have to keep changing the folder name for the Videos app to recognize that something has changed? This seems kind of lame!

Glad it worked for you. Yes the whole workaround to get SD content into the library is lame to begin with and something Microsoft needs to address. I was pretty frustrated and I'm surprised more people don't mention this problem.

I haven't been motivated enough to look into it further. In case anybody does, I have multiple profiles and I have my SD folders added to the Public libraries. My card is a 64GB SanDisk that was not reformatted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes