Calendar Sync Help

martinblank64

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
OK, so I was pretty peeved when we lost the ability to sync our Google calendar with the Windows Calendar app, but I really want to find a way to get it working, and need help.

On my laptop, I run Windows 8 and Office 2013. I use Outlook for my e-mail. I found a program called Google Calendar Sync:
Download Google Calendar Sync 0.9.4.1

With it, I can successfully sync my Google calendar with the calendar within Outlook 2013. From there, I assumed it would be trivial to sync my Outlook calendar with the Windows calendar app.

Of course, that isn't the case. I have searched but haven't found any good way to get the two to sync. Come on!! How hard can this be? I just want my freaking calendar app to work the way it did before Google pulled support for direct syncing. :unhappy:

Anybody know how I can get my Outlook 2013 calendar to sync with the Windows calendar app?

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
You probably won't unless you input all your google entries manually. I have the same problem with my office SharePoint calendar and that's a Microsoft product.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Anybody know how I can get my Outlook 2013 calendar to sync with the Windows calendar app?
I'm having kind of the same dilemma. I have some Google Calendars that I've had to ditch now because the syncing doesn't work. Just had to suck it up and manually enter the things I wanted into my new choice of calendar provider.
But, specifically getting Outlook to sync with Calendar app should be straightforward if your Outlook is connected to an Exchange server(?). Just add it as an account within the app. I think it'll turn on email too, but you can disable that in the mail app if, like me, you don't want work email on your device.
If you're not connected to Exchange, it may be more difficult.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss