32 GB Surface RT $399 again in Staples

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I happened to be in the Scottsdale Staples this evening and noticed that the $100 off discount is posted on the display again. Since Staples does mention the free cover on their website that could possibly be a rather good deal. I own a Surface Pro now so I had no reason to ask but it might worth checking if one is in the market.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Sweet, I might buy another. WinRT is the best tablet OS IMO. Runs fast and I haven't charged mine in over 7 days!

tdb1

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I checked my local Staples today and the 2 GB Surface RT is still listed at $499, so maybe it was an erroneous sale sign at that Scottsdale one. Or maybe they jumped the gun on an upcoming sale.

lmatt05

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I happened to be in the Scottsdale Staples this evening and noticed that the $100 off discount is posted on the display again. Since Staples does mention the free cover on their website that could possibly be a rather good deal. I own a Surface Pro now so I had no reason to ask but it might worth checking if one is in the market.

Just an FYI I tried this and the exclusions say surface RT. So it's $100.00 off any win 8 tablet excluding the RT.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I hear that the app market (as of now) for Windows RT is very very limited?
Also the sound output is 'very low', anyone?

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I got a Surface RT 64GB for my daughter when they started offering it with a free Type Cover. This device is very good at what it does, but it really isn't a traditional tablet in the iPad/Galaxy Tab vein. It's more of a tablet/laptop hybrid that's emphasizes productivity over entertainment. If you want to play games, get an iPad. If you want to get stuff done, get Surface.

compnovo

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I hear that the app market (as of now) for Windows RT is very very limited?
Also the sound output is 'very low', anyone?

I've had the 64GB version since the Surfaces were released. At this point the Windows Market still has far fewer apps than Apple but far more than I need or want so I'm happy with it (your results may vary). The sound issue was fixed so the volume is very good now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon