Anyone else having issues with Torrex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecaringkind

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi gang. Just noticed it today that when I attempt to download a file using the magnet link on pirate bay, Torrex opens as usual and then NOTHING. No download. Just kinda sits there.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I own the app but never used it. I did notice that there was an update yesterday. Maybe that changed something.

accasey

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I haven't used the magnet link, but I noticed today when downloading a file it just seemed to stop at about 98%. I ended up copying the files and torrent file to my laptop to finish it... it seemed a little weird.

skeptyc

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
My magnet links are working, but my downloads are stalling at 99.9%

Very frustrating. I nearly bought this app, but this is making me not want to.

vincenzo de la vega

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I do have problems with both Torrex and Rt Torrent. I own a Surface 2 Rt. No download are working, no exchange of data at all, everything stays at 0kb/s... i tried changing the firewall setttings, and still no changes.

If anyone has an idea, anything, Ill gladly listen to them :)

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I gave up on all the torrent clients for RT I just use teamviewer and set up a PC/server specifically for torrenting and data management.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I use Remote Desktop on my Surface 2 (RT) to control my PCs (a desktop and a laptop) and let them do all the dirty work (download torrents) ;)

Remote Desktop on the Surface 2 is, btw, amazing! I can get so much done from the comfort of my bed/couch/anywhere I want to take my Surface 2! And people bash RT...

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Have any of you gotten a warning about torrents from your ISP. I got a warning pop up from Comcast and I didn't feel I was doing that much. I have read about some people having a 1000 seeding files. Heavy sigh.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Have any of you gotten a warning about torrents from your ISP. I got a warning pop up from Comcast and I didn't feel I was doing that much. I have read about some people having a 1000 seeding files. Heavy sigh.
No.. I use protection software. And I never seed anything.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

I've been getting those warnings for years, they are all bark with no bite. Just make sure you aren't seeding.

RajeevT

May 3, 2014
Visit site
You are still uploading while downloading, so no need to go into seeding mode to end up with a warning or notice. It's just your dumb luck. Also aren't people ashamed to be complete leechers? You can seed all you want using a VPN (and seedbox) and they can never catch you if no logs are kept by these services. Any so-called "protection software" like PeerBlock is pure snake oil and if you paid for it you got scammed big time.

Someguyfromla

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes I'm actually having that problem too since the most recent update except that when I try to do it it asks me to choose a folder, then I tap on "select folder" and then nothing happens. Same goes for when I try to select a default folder via the settings. Does anyone know how we can let the developers know about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar