email app

skuzzb

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I updated my RT to windows 8.1 and use outlook as my email app, the pre-installed app didn't like my "pop" settings, when I use explorer and want to share a page the only email option I had was the pre-installed one which didn't work,i removed that app to use outlook but now there is no email option in "share", is there a way to add outlook to the share option?

Thanks

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I believe the Share will only work with other 'Metro' apps. Outlook is a desktop app though I believe they are working on a 'Metro' version of Office and should be out sometime this year so you may have to wait until then, assuming it even still supports POP3.
Who is your e-mail service provider? Many of the old POP ones support IMAP as well. The settings are sometimes different.

skuzzb

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
im with a New Zealand company called 'Slingshot',settings for them are as follows

POP account information:

Name: xxxxx
email: xxxx@slingshot.co.nz
Description: slingshot.co.nz

Incoming mail server:

Host name: pop3.slingshot.co.nz
username: xxxx
password: xxxxxx

Outgoing mail server:

SMTP: smtp.slingshot.co.nz

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried configuring IMAP with imap.slingshot.co.nz (instead of pop3) in the Mail app? POP3 is designed more for downloading messages and storing them locally; it's also very outdated. IMAP is old but at least it is server-based.

skuzzb

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
yep just tried imap,still no luck,message i get is
Update your Slingshot account
we cant sync because outgoing username and password has changed.Update it and we'll try again
then it comes up with username and password boxes,i have tried several times to update it with no luck at all,
thanks

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Okay, look at the Outlook Express instructions: | Slingshot: Internet, Homeline, Tolls, VoIP and now Mobile!

So when you configure the IMAP account, click on Show More Details. Check to make sure all the checkboxes are checked. Then make sure your ports are correct. The outgoing port should be 587 according to those instructions. On my Mail app, it shows a default of 465 so if yours says that, try changing it to 587. Incoming should be the default of 993.

skuzzb

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
thats exactly how i tried to set it up but made no difference,really frustrating now but thanks for all the suggestions
Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans