The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Tell me your comments.
    06-04-2018 05:17 AM
    Generally positive response, people seem to recognise that the market heading to the two main platforms is a result of app availability and being a sheep with your friends rather than how good the platforms are.
    PG2connect and Shane Usher like this.
    06-04-2018 06:32 AM
    None.
    06-04-2018 06:35 AM
    No regular person is remotely interested in the type of phone I am using. If it ever comes up, which is basically never, there's a vague curiousity and that's about it.
    PG2connect likes this.
    06-04-2018 08:24 AM
    Person: Oh you have a windows phone! I think I should give that a try.

me: "you can't buy one, they're pretty much not making anymore"

Person: What? I just heard about it!
    06-06-2018 12:41 AM
    I know the Dollar General account that i am delivering to uses Microsoft windows 950 XL phones.

My trainer laughed and said you are the only one i know who uses a Windows phone.

They just don't get it.
    PG2connect and judah modeste like this.
    06-06-2018 03:09 AM
    Ha this talk about Windows Phone reminds me of a joke:

Q: How do you know if someone is a vegetarian or does crossfit?
    A: Don't worry; they will tell you!
    06-06-2018 07:02 AM
    I have never cared what people think about my phone. I don't care what kind of phone other people have either.
    06-10-2018 02:21 PM
    Them: "What phone is that?"
    Me: dee best.
    06-10-2018 02:23 PM
    Generally positive response, people seem to recognise that the market heading to the two main platforms is a result of app availability and being a sheep with your friends rather than how good the platforms are.
    Ummm......right.
    06-10-2018 02:25 PM
    Person: Oh you have a windows phone! I think I should give that a try.

me: "you can't buy one, they're pretty much not making anymore"

Person: What? I just heard about it!
    they just dont get it, its a weird/unusual phone and thats it, definitely not an iphone, but they assume it has to be a somewhat normal phone like a lesser known chinese droid or something
    06-10-2018 02:35 PM
    I still rock Lumia 535 at work and Lumia 950XL at home. People don't know what phone it is even when they sign on it. ( 535 )
    PG2connect likes this.
    06-10-2018 02:36 PM
    I use WP every day with pleasure and I do not want Android or iPhone as long I do not miss important apps. I have a Lumia 950. Very good mobile.
    06-10-2018 02:40 PM
    When I bought my Lumia 640, two and a half years ago, a colleague asked me if is an android phone (probably asking if is the new version). When I said is a Windows Phone, he was surprised... And nothing more. I consider to be a very good phone and OS.
    Shane Usher likes this.
    06-10-2018 03:11 PM
    I have yet to see anyone using a Windows phone in real life
    06-10-2018 03:18 PM
    I just use what continues to work for me, as long as it gets security updates I will use it. My HP Elite X3 just works.
    06-10-2018 03:49 PM
    Maybe you need to get out of grandma's basement once in awhile.
    Boutsen likes this.
    06-10-2018 03:50 PM
    I miss WP it really was something special. I miss using my 830 as a daily driver.
    PG2connect likes this.
    06-10-2018 03:53 PM
    You don't have to miss it. You can come back to it.
    Shane Usher likes this.
    06-10-2018 04:04 PM
    there are a lot of people out there that would love to dump iOS and Android (and their endless frustrations) in favor of windows phone. We are just not brave enough.
    06-10-2018 04:12 PM
    I used to have a 920, then upgraded to a 1520. Honestly the 1520 is the phone I liked the most. I'm still amazed at the quality of the pictures and video. I have a 950xl now, and honestly it is not as good as the older 1520.
    Most of my coworkers and friends don't really know/care about Windows Phone, because they know it is discontinued. They are stuck (just like me when I need to change the phone) choosing between iPhone and a couple of Android phones, just like the rest of the planet.
    PG2connect likes this.
    06-10-2018 04:14 PM
    Believe it or not, happened to me two days ago. We have a new intern at work and he saw me using Continuum on my Lumia 950XL. He was blown away at the fact that he had no idea the phone or the technology existed. I gave him my phone and he was like, it's just like my laptop with live tiles and all. I shook my head and told him how I've always been on Windows devices but unfortunately it's not going anywhere in the foreseeable future.
    That said, I have tried jumping ship and have returned. Will stay till the OS and apps on it become unusable for my needs. My only issue, which recently showed up again for the second time, is Bank of America leaving the platform. Those check deposits are important to me. I will have to hang on to my 950XL, as Android is not for me (I have a Samsung tablet). And iPhone I cannot even imagine using again, since my last temporary jumping ship. Push comes to shove, I'll have no choice but to go Android.
    Andromeda!!! Where are you? Wish all of the folding device rumors are true and we'll have a Surface Phone/pocket device this year. I'll be all over it.
    Last edited by sholokov; 06-10-2018 at 04:37 PM.
    06-10-2018 04:22 PM
    about two weeks back I helped an Android die hard to get direction using my lumia 920 (offline maps)
    he was convinced, he wanted a lumia in his hand
    06-10-2018 04:23 PM
    On a 737, awaiting takeoff a month ago, I sat next to a kind gentleman who was also destined for Seattle. About 30 minutes in, I noticed him noticing my Windows Phone as I changed music. He politely inquired: "I see you are using a Windows Phone, why is that?" To which I replied: "Because I'm stupid, or stubborn. I've always used them, this one still works great, I don't care about SnapChat and there's a slim hope for a mythical "Surface Phone" they are supposed to be working on". He then told me he loved his Windows Phone until he lost it on a hike recently.

It turns out he's a Microsoft engineer that was working on the phone project and over the course of a longer conversation I learned that he's working on the "next thing" as well. I told him everything I've heard about the new device and he stated "sometimes, rumors are not wrong" -citing the fact that he can't confirm anything concrete. I asked him point blank about whether or not I should bite the bullet and by a nice Android device as I'd been contemplating. He told me in no uncertain terms that, as a business user, I would be very disappointed in wasting my money" if I did and that I should wait foe what would be released "very soon". He confirmed he's using "something" in his office every day that he wishes he could take out but that has to be kept under wraps for now. We discussed the way they were porting 32-bit software into Apps and much more.

Honestly, I thought I had hit the Windows Phone fanboy jackpot. We said our good-byes at the end of the flight and I thanked him for keeping me from wasting my money. So, my 950 XL will have to trudge on a little longer. Surface Phone/Andromeda/Journal/whatever you are called, I await your debut.
    06-10-2018 04:26 PM
    I used my Lumia 750 until the antenna died out. At that point they had announced removing support for mobile OS. I loved windows phone. I admit the app gap sucked but I just used the browser for apps I didn't have which mostly worked fine.
    PG2connect likes this.
    06-10-2018 04:35 PM
103 123 ...