Introduce yourself!

Sourav Ghatak

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi Folks,

I am Sourav. I have been a Nokia fan since the Symbian days. Now I am an avid fan of Windows Phone.
My current device is Nokia Lumia 820 running the developers preview Windows Phone 8.1.
I do check the forums on this page and try to contribute as much as possible.

Last edited:

MetalDevilTV

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I'm from Slovenia and currently stuck with a LG Android device, the optimus l9, it is one of the worst products I've bought, from constant crashing to lag I decided it's time for an upgrade so I'm currently saving up for an 1320 and decided to lurk around this forum to see if the Windows Phone community is any friendlier than Android.

HungryHippppo

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello - new guy here! I'm HungryHippppo and from Seattle/West Coast. Finally pulled the trigger and got myself a 1520 recently. Windows Phone has been my dream phone since it came out. Really love the interface. I'm coming from a Samsung Galaxy Android device, and used to have a Windows Phone skin for a while. But now, I have the real deal and it's just awesome. This is a cool forum and I think WP is gaining some good momentum recently. I hope to stick around and participate in this cool community. :cool:

Broad and Market

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Guess I never introduced myself in this thread so here it goes,

I am Charlie from Philadelphia Pennsylvania, I have a Lumia 520 running 8.1 and so far I love it. I got started on Windows Phone by accident. My old feature phone died and my friend had Focus Flash that he won in an app writing competition in college. He loves Android so he let me use it. Fast forward a 18 months and the Focus ends up in a toilet, I need a new phone and the 520 is on Amazon for $55 unlocked and the platform was familiar so I pulled the trigger.

Disturbed_Angel

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi every one! Figured I would intro myself here. I am no stranger to the Mobile Nations community, and have been around from 2008 and my first Blackberry, but have just in the last few days moved to using a Dell Venue 8 Pro as my Tablet and a Nokia Lumia Icon as my Phone. Looking forward to getting into Windows and Windows Phone as my Mobile OS. I don't post much (the search button is my friend for my questions generally) but I enjoy lurking around. :grin:

altafmahmood

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi my name is Altaf and I am from Kolkata, India.
I absolutely love windows phone.
I am currently doing my undergrad. I like programing, and helping other people out.

RWD

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, I've been around for some time on the Crackberry side but have decided to seek alternatives. I'm responsible for an IT department at a local (Barbados) insurance company. I currently walk around with three phones - my trusty BlackBerry 9810 (best most reliable phone I've ever owned!), the company Blackberry Q5 (rubbish phone really) and my new Nokia 1520 international version. I also have a Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 2 (after some initial warranty issues with the speaker, this tablet is the BOMB!) Planning on replacing it afer 2 years with the Lenovo Tablet 10 whenever it comes out. I love the pen/digitizer combo.

Also had 2 PlayBooks which lasted a few years but failed eventually. I'm looking forward to getting whatsapp and BBM on my 1520 so I can say "Bye" to the 9810.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi Friends,
Call me Ashish!
I am from India and a software engineer by profession. I love WP because it deserves people's affection. I am not an Android hater either :p
I can do well in almost anything where I have some sort of interests. I have been a Java Developer for a while and currently Business Intelligence Admin. I love to explore new things. Ton of posts in WPCentral, so needless to say that I love WPCentral ;-)

Michelle Tang

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello all! This is Michelle from Finland. I work in a design agency. I am new to this forum and I use Lumia 1020 and 1520 (provided by my company). I found lots of interesting and useful info from this forum and I will definitely be more active! I also love to try out new phone accessories.

Wish everyone a nice day! :angel::angel:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello all! This is Michelle from Finland. I work in a design agency. I am new to this forum and I use Lumia 1020 and 1520 (provided by my company). I found lots of interesting and useful info from this forum and I will definitely be more active! I also love to try out new phone accessories.

Wish everyone a nice day! :angel::angel:

Hell-o and Welcome to WPC Michelle!

Glad to see you have joined in the fun here...
Post often!

mobiton

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I am from San Jose, California. I use a Lumia 920 and a Surface pro, both of them from the day they were introduced in the market. I route for Microsoft products and services especially from the time they went Metro. I love their interfaces and the quality of software built by MS. Has been a regular visitor of WPcentral and finally decided to join the party in these forums.

Cheers,
Mobiton

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I am from San Jose, California. I use a Lumia 920 and a Surface pro, both of them from the day they were introduced in the market. I route for Microsoft products and services especially from the time they went Metro. I love their interfaces and the quality of software built by MS. Has been a regular visitor of WPcentral and finally decided to join the party in these forums.

Cheers,
Mobiton

Welcome to the WPC!
Hope you find this place an enjoyable and helpful experience!

trev81uk

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Been reading this site and forum since July 2013 when I picked up a Lumia 520 after being a long-time iPhone user!
Really enjoy the Windows OS and Nokia apps such as MixRadio, Here Drive and Nokia Camera. Despite the relatively low app support and mainstream coverage, I wouldn't go back to iPhone or Android, my next upgrade will be to a higher spec Lumia.
Speaking of which, is anyone aware of a website or even page on this forum that details the date a phone was released in to the market?

Thanks,

Trev

Benjaminb95

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I've been around here for a while, but I never introduced myself. But better late than never. I am Benjamin from the Netherlands. I am a history student and a huge tech enthusiast. With the introduction of Windows 8 I began to like Microsoft more and more. So in October last year, I bought a Lumia 920. I really like my phone and I love it to see WP grow day by day.

patrickg25

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi, stumbled upon this thread and decided to go ahead. I'm Patrick from The Philippines. I a college student taking a communication course bc I hate math (that's AB). I'm a smartphone enthusiast (wut?) I like reading stuff about it and I enjoy WP because of that. I don't like Apple because all they know is lawsuits, lawsuits and lawsuits. I was an Android user but it ruined my whole life.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Been reading this site and forum since July 2013 when I picked up a Lumia 520 after being a long-time iPhone user!
Really enjoy the Windows OS and Nokia apps such as MixRadio, Here Drive and Nokia Camera. Despite the relatively low app support and mainstream coverage, I wouldn't go back to iPhone or Android, my next upgrade will be to a higher spec Lumia.
Speaking of which, is anyone aware of a website or even page on this forum that details the date a phone was released in to the market?

Thanks,

Trev

Hey Trev, great to see you! Release dates News, Reviews and Phones - Phone Arena phone arena should give you a good idea if you search a certain model.

Quick Hello to all on forums.

Quick hello right back at ya, Staylong.

I've been around here for a while, but I never introduced myself. But better late than never. I am Benjamin from the Netherlands. I am a history student and a huge tech enthusiast. With the introduction of Windows 8 I began to like Microsoft more and more. So in October last year, I bought a Lumia 920. I really like my phone and I love it to see WP grow day by day.

Hey Benjamin! I have a 920 myself, best phone I ever bought!

Hi, stumbled upon this thread and decided to go ahead. I'm Patrick from The Philippines. I a college student taking a communication course bc I hate math (that's AB). I'm a smartphone enthusiast (wut?) I like reading stuff about it and I enjoy WP because of that. I don't like Apple because all they know is lawsuits, lawsuits and lawsuits. I was an Android user but it ruined my whole life.

Hey Patrick, great to see new members from all around the globe!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac