New and some questions.

Hugo WP

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi all. I've had my Nokia Lumia 800 for 2 months now and not had the chance to get a serious look at it until now.

I have some questions if you guys/gals don't mind answering :)

1. Why can I not use a song from my computer > phone as a ringtone?
2. Is Nokia Music the music player for the phone? If so, why? It is garbage.. why do I have to load this 'app' to listen to my music? Why does this phone not have a basic music player, it's too messy.
3. I'm having trouble finding games. The only good game I've found so far is 'Penguin', it's basic, fun and I can play it over and over trying to beat my record. What games do you suggest I check out? (free only of course).
4. What are the basic "must have apps"? I currently have; Weather, Flashlight, IMDb, Metrotube, NoteLocker, PC Remote and Windows Phone News.
5. One of the big ones. When I open stuff, like messaging, and internet explorer, etc, they stay open as I can see from holding down the back button. Does this use up more battery or do I have to press back 100+ to close all open stuff, internet explorer being the one that I can't close unless I press back as far as I browsed.

Some of this stuff hopefully seems noobish and is totally on me for being new and not knowing how to use my phone yet... hopefully.

That's it for now.

Thanks and HI!

Last edited:

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
1. You can. Search these forums for custom ring tones
2. I don't use Nokia Music, I use the default Zune app.
3. Tentacles, plants vs zombies, PacMac..
4. ESPN,Rowi,WPCentral,IM+, Board Express
5. Not quite sure.

Hope you enjoy your phone.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi all. I've had my Nokia Lumia 800 for 2 months now and not had the chance to get a serious look at it until now.

I have some questions if you guys/gals don't mind answering :)

1. Why can I not use a song from my computer > phone as a ringtone?
2. Is Nokia Music the music player for the phone? If so, why? It is garbage.. why do I have to load this 'app' to listen to my music? Why does this phone not have a basic music player, it's too messy.
3. I'm having trouble finding games. The only good game I've found so far is 'Penguin', it's basic, fun and I can play it over and over trying to beat my record. What games do you suggest I check out? (free only of course).
4. What are the basic "must have apps"? I currently have; Weather, Flashlight, IMDb, Metrotube, NoteLocker, PC Remote and Windows Phone News.
5. One of the big ones. When I open stuff, like messaging, and internet explorer, etc, they stay open as I can see from holding down the back button. Does this use up more battery or do I have to press back 100+ to close all open stuff, internet explorer being the one that I can't close unless I press back as far as I browsed.

Some of this stuff hopefully seems noobish and is totally on me for being new and not knowing how to use my phone yet... hopefully.

That's it for now.

Thanks and HI!

Welcome to WPCentral Hugo WP.

1) We have a tutorial in the ringtones section that explains how to ,there are also apps that have some pre made ringtones already.

2) Nokia music is not the default player, you can use the stock Music+Video player found on the home screen or in the app list, just swipe to the right and pin it to the start screen if it already isn't there.

3) Harvest ,Civilization Revolution,pirates, fusion sentinent, assassins creed, fruit ninja, contract killer, gun bros.

4) I don't really care about apps as I find the built in functionality to be sufficient for my needs. But I do use Netflix,vevo and slacker radio for my media needs sometimes

5) No it does not because apps aren't really running in the background, they are just frozen

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
1.) Ringtones have to meet certain requirements, like being no more than 30 seconds. This is to improve user experience. An mentioned there are tutorials (its really easy to make your own) or you can download thousands of free ringtones.

5.) No, tombstoned apps use no battery. In controlled overnight (8hr) tests, I left 6 screens/apps opened and found 0 difference vs. my baseline tests.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea