Windows got me

LongLeggs

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
So, here I am, Jessica. A woman from the New Jersey shore. As most of you know we just went through Hurricane Sandy. My town was destroyed beyond comprehension. To make a long story kind of short, I was using Iphone. Iphone and hurricanes do not mix. We lost a lot of cell towers and Iphone just couldn't handle it. Battery was disgraceful as was signal. My husband has the Lumia 900 and he had ZERO issues. He laughed at me each time I had to go outside and charge my phone in the car. We were without power for 9 days. His phone was basically our only outlet to the world. Needless to say I was happy when ATT decided to let me upgrade a month early after I told them this story. I went to the local store and got the 920. While this is a major learning curve, i think I can feel confident that this phone will not let us down if we were to get hit by another superstorm and then over a foot of snow like we just did. I used to be on Blackberry as well, but let's not get into that, haha. Cheers from New Jersey!!

Jessica

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Happy to hear you guys stayed safe! Im from Baltimore and it was crazy here, i cant imagine what it was like in New Jersey!

Welcome to the Windows World!! :D.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
First of all, I am glad to hear that you and yours are safe. Secondly, I hope your phone serves you well and that you never again have to find out if it is good in an emergency or not.

Peace,

LongLeggs

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I know this sounds silly, but I feel relieved to not have to deal with Apple anymore. We each have our own needs, IPhone is not one of mine anymore.

Jessica

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to WPC and the WP family Jessica! I too am from NJ, but Northern (Rutherford) and although it was pretty dry by me, I still lost power, after the storm was over -- which I still don't understand why. I'm glad that you and your family are safe now.

I shall hopefully have my Cyan 920 in hand tomorrow, but the more I see red and yellow, the more I want them!

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Welcome Jessica.

I brought gas to my friends up there last weekend. The devastation is terrible. I'm glad that you are safe and AT&T did a little to help you out. I hope that your life is soon back to normal.

Raylz

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
welcome to Windows Phone Central and My area of NYC was not hit as bad as the other parts of the city. oh and glad your safe from the storm.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon