Proud to be Pinoy (WPC Filipino Community)

biboyflip

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Kamusta!! biboyflip po checking in :) Sa handle pa lang pinoy na . :)
Also a proud owner of Lumia 920 and planning to upgrade to Lumia 1020 as soon as it becomes available (in Singapore maybe)

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
in you guy's perspective.. how's android and ios popularity in PI nowadays compare to WP?... Would you revert back to Android or iOS after giving a WP a good run in the matter of say... 6 months? or go DUO.. meaning rocking with 2 completely different handset ... Android / WP ... iOS / WP ... you get the idea.. reason I ask is coz i'm currently rocking Android and WP at the moment (not that you care lol).. Never really a fan of iOS or BB (although i've tried them all)... I like having them around for some odd reason... gives me best of both world experience.

biboyflip

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
in you guy's perspective.. how's android and ios popularity in PI nowadays compare to WP?... Would you revert back to Android or iOS after giving a WP a good run in the matter of say... 6 months? or go DUO.. meaning rocking with 2 completely different handset ... Android / WP ... iOS / WP ... you get the idea.. reason I ask is coz i'm currently rocking Android and WP at the moment (not that you care lol).. Never really a fan of iOS or BB (although i've tried them all)... I like having them around for some odd reason... gives me best of both world experience.

I think Android is still on top then iOS but WP is gaining popularity. I do have an Android phone just in case I need to use an app ( e.g Acrobits SIP ) not currently available in WP (but its coming soon). But my main driver is my Lumia 920 and there's no going back for me. Android now is like the phone for the "masa" where everyone has it. No identity, no pure innovation only improvements (octa core etc..), unnecessary spec wars, copyright infringement and patent disputes. But the main reason I'm sticking with WP is definitely because of Nokia.

jedi12

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site

android is really cheap here sa pinas kaya mas madaming gumagamit...pinoy phone makers like cherry mobile use android os

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
android is really cheap here sa pinas kaya mas madaming gumagamit...pinoy phone makers like cherry mobile use android os

That makes a lot of sense. I know Nokia is trying to push low cost phones like the 520 out there and other markets. But it doesn't help WP much if it's only Nokia doing the work. WP needs other manufacturers like HTC and Samsung to push low cost WPs in these markets.

jedi12

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
question sa WP users here sa pinas....what region settings do you use in your phone? i use US as my region kase hindi lumalabas artists pag nag play sa xbox music app when i use Philippines. Ganun den sa windows 8, hindi gagana hero search sa bing if region settings is not US.

jedi12

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
also a lot of people here are not always connected sa internet...i mean, WP really shines when youre always connected..live tiles and all

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
also a lot of people here are not always connected sa internet...i mean, WP really shines when youre always connected..live tiles and all

It would help if telcos like Smart and Globe could improve their networks. I can't believe how slow internet is out there. I've read somewhere that out of 100M+ Filipinos only about 6M are connected to the internet.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I'm there I find myself looking for coffee shops so I can use the WiFi.

I do like the Nokia stores in PI. I wish they had some here.

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
wait are you guys serious?.. well i haven't been back since '05 and i'd be under the impression that internet connection would be up to speed (meaning the vast majority of household should be well connected) by now over in PI.. but guess not.. so marami parin bang naghhangout sa mga coffee shops there just to get on WiFi???.. its 2013 lol..

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
It would help if telcos like Smart and Globe could improve their networks. I can't believe how slow internet is out there. I've read somewhere that out of 100M+ Filipinos only about 6M are connected to the internet.

that's like 1 out of 100 basically lol... good lawdayyyy.....

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
wait are you guys serious?.. well i haven't been back since '05 and i'd be under the impression that internet connection would be up to speed (meaning the vast majority of household should be well connected) by now over in PI.. but guess not.. so marami parin bang naghhangout sa mga coffee shops there just to get on WiFi???.. its 2013 lol..

We had PLDT internet installed at our house in Cavite and as far as I know max speed is 2mbps. So sloooow... I think the whole nation needs to do a major rebuild of their internet infrastructure.

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
We had PLDT internet installed at our house in Cavite and as far as I know max speed is 2mbps. So sloooow... I think the whole nation needs to do a major rebuild of their internet infrastructure.

no kidding!... man i'd take the dial up speed over 2mbps anyday lol.. i feel for you guys over there... smh.

Rhoyz

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
The government needs to intervene and regulate those Telco. Force them to upgrade their infrastructure before approving any rate increase.

Last edited:

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
question sa WP users here sa pinas....what region settings do you use in your phone? i use US as my region kase hindi lumalabas artists pag nag play sa xbox music app when i use Philippines. Ganun den sa windows 8, hindi gagana hero search sa bing if region settings is not US.

Philippines.

There is no Xbox Music support for Philippines.

Many other regions are not supported with the new Bing. It's server based, so it'll roll out to us soon.

Sent from my LT25i using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

reyfbernardo

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
musta mga kabayan? Lumia 920 owner from saudi arabia. this is my first windows phone and i love it! nice to have a filipino community here :)

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

If you're talking about mobile connectivity, I'm one who is dependent on it. I don't have fixed connection at home (I'm not there most of the time anyway) so I rely on my data plans. I have two subscriptions with Smart, both Mensa 2000. However, one is LTE and the other one is not. I use the Xperia V for the LTE subscription and HTC 8S for the 3.5G.

As far as LTE of Smart is concerned, I can't complain. It's available on most places I go to, I get download speed of up to 32Mbps and averages 10Mbps (which is pathetic by Korea standards). For Smart 3G, it's pretty bad. 6Mbps on a blue moon, but averages 1Mbps downstream.

Hindi ko kailangan maki-amot ng libren Wi-Fi.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes