Exploring Platforms - WP

anon(4086706)

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the Platform as I have just bought a Lumia 620 as my secondary device. I'm currently exploring it and I must say I like the Metro / Win8 UI design. It's not as colorful as iOS, not as complex as Android and not as gesturesque as BB10. I'm also surprised WP8 runs smooth on it despite being 512MB of RAM. I guess I see great potential to WP8 as an entertainment device. I am also amused that some of my "important" apps are here so I'm guessing this phone will stay longer with me (first was a Galaxy Nexus then a BlackBerry Torch).

I won't bring WP however in the Enterprise however, Blackberry(10) for me owns that sector and is my primary platform (I own a BB Z30 and is my daily driver) :p. I also am from CB too doing some inter-forum posting :D I don't bash platforms but I merely explore them (yeah I shelled out already for three secondary phones so far, the longest was Galaxy Nexus at 4 months... and my Torch only 1 month feeling it's redundant to have two BB's ).

Soo uhh... my very first gripe of the platform... File I/O. Microsoft locked down file transfers to SD and really needs some apps to do it (I bought the Pocket File Manager for this one and is my first WP8 purchase too ) :cry:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
File I/O. Microsoft locked down file transfers to SD and really needs some apps to do it (I bought the Pocket File Manager for this one and is my first WP8 purchase too ) :cry:
Welcome to WPCentral. I'm not following what you're saying here, where Pocket File Manager can help. There is no API to write to the SD card, so even though I have not used Pocket File Manager, I'm not sure how it can help you when you're saying the problem is transferring files to SD.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon