Dipping My Toe in the WP Water!

upnort

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone at WPCentral. I'm kind of a phone nomad! First smartphone was a BB Bold (joined the old crackberry.com before the merge). Alltel was bought out by Verizon and have been using Android ever since. Mostly the Droid line until my current Note 2. So I am getting tired of maintaining my phone like it was a PC. I've done stock, root and all points between. I wanted to see what was new with WP so I picked up an 822 on eBay. So I wanted to say hello before I bombard everyone with questions! If this experience works out I see an Icon in my immediate future!

zerog46

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Welcome aboard. I just picked up an icon the other day and love it.

Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral! With the exception of a Blackberry that I had to carry for a job I used to have, I've been all Microsoft, since early days of Windows CE/Windows Mobile phones, way before the "friendly" smartphones. Having to use a stylus on a resistive screen.... Yeah. So I get being tired of having to maintain your phone, and I switched when Windows Phone 7 came out. :smile:

upnort

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Update: A two for one conversion! So I had the 822 for a whole two days. Just getting a feel for it. The boss (read wife) comes home just a cussing her Droid is getting squirrely and she needs it for work. I showed her the 822 I was playing with and she asked me how I liked it. I said it would be the ideal phone for her since she is technically challenged. So she wanted to try it. Pop my SIM out. Slap hers in and now I can't pry it out of her fingers. So I picked another 822 from swappa. This one had the Dev 8.1 on it. Now we're cooking! I ordered an Icon. I'll use the 822 when we camp and go hiking. Icon for everything else. Speaking of Hiking. On Android I got to love the My Tracks app. Is there a comparable app for WP. Bottom line. I was thinking of switching and did. Wife took to WP like a duck to water.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Update: A two for one conversion! So I had the 822 for a whole two days. Just getting a feel for it. The boss (read wife) comes home just a cussing her Droid is getting squirrely and she needs it for work. I showed her the 822 I was playing with and she asked me how I liked it. I said it would be the ideal phone for her since she is technically challenged. So she wanted to try it. Pop my SIM out. Slap hers in and now I can't pry it out of her fingers. So I picked another 822 from swappa. This one had the Dev 8.1 on it. Now we're cooking! I ordered an Icon. I'll use the 822 when we camp and go hiking. Icon for everything else. Speaking of Hiking. On Android I got to love the My Tracks app. Is there a comparable app for WP. Bottom line. I was thinking of switching and did. Wife took to WP like a duck to water.

Runtastic, Caledos Runner, Bing Health & Fitness, and Endomondo.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone at WPCentral. I'm kind of a phone nomad! First smartphone was a BB Bold (joined the old crackberry.com before the merge). Alltel was bought out by Verizon and have been using Android ever since. Mostly the Droid line until my current Note 2. So I am getting tired of maintaining my phone like it was a PC. I've done stock, root and all points between. I wanted to see what was new with WP so I picked up an 822 on eBay. So I wanted to say hello before I bombard everyone with questions! If this experience works out I see an Icon in my immediate future!

I tried to post this earlier, but my browser apparently spazzed out. What a great story! Glad to hear that you and your wife are both enjoying WP, and welcome to our little niche on the web we call WPCentral! :grin:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes