Guess who's back! Not Eminem...

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
So I got mad in February. I was tired of seeing everyone on Android and iOS get all the apps and I was less than pleased with the first iteration of Windows 10 for phones. Plus, I had a 635 at the time and was tired of the lack of sensors and flash for the camera. So I sold it and went back to Android after 2 years with Windows Phone.

Well it didn't last long.

First and foremost, the apps situation is a bit of a mirage. I found that most apps on Android I didn't use. Instead of using the app for a newspaper I read, I used Feedly. The official YouTube app is less featured than myTube. Soundcloud is not the application it once was where a musician such as myself could simply press the rec button and upload directly. It rather a music streaming app now. I'm not a big Instagram or Vine user so 6Tag and 6sec are perfect for me.

Then, Google Play Music is as flawed if not more than Xbox Music (and after I purchased a song, my Google store account became buggy). The OS is boring overall.

Finally, the widgets are not as useful, practical and fun as live tiles.

And the Google services are boring in comparison to Microsoft's. Gmail is just dull as heck.

So, given that I had a flagship phone, even if it was a 2013 flagship, I was able to sell it and get a Lumia 640. Now THAT's a proper phone.

So now I'm happy to be back in the Windows ecosystem with a great phone and I'm looking forward to having Windows 10 for Phones now.

And don't tell anyone, but I've had a much better experience on the Windows Central forum than on the Android Central forum. But that's just between the both of us ok? ;)

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Welcome back! I too find myself always coming back to windows. From a blackberry though because I hate the other two.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Seulement, l'herbe semble plus verte de l'autre c?t?. Dites-moi que votre 640 est ce beau vert. Un homme doit avoir de style. Le noir et le blanc sont des cr?tins bourgeois.

Japser

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I always love reading about people coming back to WP after trying something else. Shows that WP really is something special. Welcome back!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
On the other hand, this thread is so popular, it's now trending :D People must really think eminem switched to WP

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
So you'll be going for the 950?? xd

What do you mean?

Welcome back!

Well, this is uncanny I was talking to a relative about Windows phone just a few hours ago and he used the exact same phrase:

:shocked:

Ha ha! Then maybe we're right! Or I'm tapped on your phone listening to you ! lol ;-)

On the other hand, this thread is so popular, it's now trending :D People must really think eminem switched to WP

lol! Never had a trending thread before. I guess I'll just randomly start name dropping! :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes