Nokia Event July 11th

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
wow.... waiting :)
and of course, this will happen when im out of country with limited access to the NEWS!! :)
Zoom reinvented huh? interesting tagline - do they mean reinvented or just brought to the Lumia?

Juanma Herrera

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
May it mean a little optical zoom combined with the "sensor crop" zoom?. For example, I think the 808 in pureview mode is able to 3x zoom (or even more, don't know), and if there were another 3x optical zoom, the final result would be 9x zoom max...

My guess is: Why compact cameras, and Galaxy S4 zoom need such a bigger lens if the sensor size is smaller than 808 pureview/EOS?

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
They are going to reinvent what they invented 17 months ago.. which makes sense, the American audience doesn’t even know that ta 41Mpix smartphone exists.

It has the potential to be a huge marketing success, considering the Mpix count.. I mean, most people think that 12mpix is a lot for a phone camera, just wait and see what they think about 41.

I still remember that it took the blogosphere and most people a week or two to fully understand what actually happened at MWC 2012 ..

Not sure how they are going to market this.. The 4:3 images on the 808 are 38Mpix and the 16:9 are 34Mpix.. so they might do that just to avoid confusion.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Nokia needs to be so careful with its message on that event. I still have fresh in my mind how painful it was to get even part of the blogsphere understand what Nokia had done (The Verge getting it right away back then) before people got to take the first pictures by themselfs.

So many understood the "megapixel war is over" comment wrong back then. It wasn't about the big number ending the war, but how the count of them has became irrelevant. Similar to what HTC is doing now on HTC One. Bring July 11 and i'm sure we will have this same discussion again. Some will once again see the MP count as pure marketing.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Nokia needs to be so careful with its message on that event. I still have fresh in my mind how painful it was to get even part of the blogsphere understand what Nokia had done (The Verge getting it right away back then) before people got to take the first pictures by themselfs.

So many understood the "megapixel war is over" comment wrong back then. It wasn't about the big number ending the war, but how the count of them has became irrelevant. Similar to what HTC is doing now on HTC One. Bring July 11 and i'm sure we will have this same discussion again. Some will once again see the MP count as pure marketing.

It should be a bit better this time around.. at least most blogs have a basic idea of how Phase 1 works by now, which would help. The last time we really had no idea what was going on.. when they said 41Mpix I was like.. wait.. what ? But then it all made perfect sense.

After reading this white paper it was pretty clear what they've done, but you are right, they need to find a way to portray that in a more accessible way this time.

Still, it will make headlines for sure..which is good for Microsoft and Nokia.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure those latest leaks are real (those on WPC front page today)
Certainly there is one shot of the camera again but shows "41" but then shows "Zeiss" instead of "Carl Zeiss" - smells of photoshopping.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Going by the circle on the poster.. I would say they are real. But that metal cap that leaked today... ya.. no.. that doesn't look right.

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure those latest leaks are real (those on WPC front page today)
Certainly there is one shot of the camera again but shows "41" but then shows "Zeiss" instead of "Carl Zeiss" - smells of photoshopping.

Going by the circle on the poster.. I would say they are real. But that metal cap that leaked today... ya.. no.. that doesn't look right.

I'd say this is an early prototype. Maybe one of a kind made just so physically they had some idea where they were heading design-wise. In regards to the plastic L920 version, maybe it'd look slightly better if they used their ceramic button material on the black plastic cap and maybe moved the Nokia logo to the left of that hump like the 720/520. What do you guys think?

EchoRedux

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I wanted this to be my next phone. I'm due for an upgrade in a couple days on AT&T and wanted to wait for this. The leaks all pointed to a July 9th release date, but I can't wait around until July 11th just for the announcement. For what used to be the only provider on Windows Phones, AT&T sure did a lot to kill their selection. Not interested in the 920 since I think the GS4 is a better phone (This coming from a Focus S user). Of course, having a 41 MP camera with a better frontal design IMO than the 920, with flip to silence and a clock display on standby, I'd take that over the GS4.... Oh Nokia, why you gotta take so long? Every 6 months each carrier should get a newer version of your flagship.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
6 months between flagships? That's not possible. Nokia is doing everything remotely possible with the hardware limitations put there by the horrible state of Windows Phone. If you want the newest SoC and screen resolutions I would recommend jumping ship.
I doubt we will ever see MS moving fast enough.

Juanma Herrera

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
The aluminium device definitely is NOT EOS. Vizileaks has just told me via twitter:

zra.png

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
wow.... waiting :)
and of course, this will happen when im out of country with limited access to the NEWS!! :)
Zoom reinvented huh? interesting tagline - do they mean reinvented or just brought to the Lumia?

bringing it to Lumia would literarily be "reinvented :D ".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon