Pictures / Video taken with your 1020

jessethecockapoo

May 16, 2014
Visit site
My gosh, so many of these images/videos are just absolutely stunning!

Mine aren't as nice... but here they are. I was just wondering... I noticed that many of my videos have more ore noise in them even when in 1080p, compared to other nokia 1020 videos I've seen. The quality doesn't seem to be as good as other nokia lumia 1020 videos I've seen, and I'm not sure if it's because my phone is defective or if I just lack skills in taking photographs/videos. Please take a look and let me know what you think, I'd very much appreciate it.

This is a playlist of my videos that I filmed using the Nokia Lumia 1020.
Filmed using the Nokia Lumia 1020 (Windows Phone) - YouTube

asset

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
@jessethecockapoo

in video capturing mode all things is in auto mode then when you turn your camera to the dark side it's trying to set best exposure , ISO accuracy and balance for such a light reflection condition then you get higher exposure time and ISO so it will cause your dark side getting some noise and brighter than before and also your bright location in frame getting too much exposure actually being over exposure.now you see it can affect your video quality.some locations is too bright and some location with noise you have two options :

1-set your standing location behind the light beam source specially sun light coming in from windows when you standing behind the light source light beam will distribute and reflect from objects in the same ratio

2- using some filtering like ND in front of your lens to control the light density that coming into your camera sensor

you know its not your camera problem it was been issue and challenging to all optic system even for our eyes
hope this help

Last edited:

Technoloay

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
@asset sure;
Focus is one step below infinity (because for some reason infinity focus gives out blurry pictures);
ISO set to 100; automatically the shutter speed is set to 1/758 seconds;
Exposure -1; White balance was set to daylight
(IIRC)

TheCrazySwede

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
T4HrQpl.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member