Nokia Lumia 1020 Bugs and Defects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyoungs

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
My Nokia Lumia 1020 shut off and won't come back on. I've tried to do a soft reset and I get nothing at all. I wait the 15 secs, it vibrates, the screen looks like its about to turn on and then it goes black again. When I'm charging it, I get nothing but the dead battery pic with the red line. I've only had the phone since November. There's no damage done to this phone at all. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

fluffyowl

May 17, 2014
Visit site
My Nokia Lumia 1020 shut off and won't come back on. I've tried to do a soft reset and I get nothing at all. I wait the 15 secs, it vibrates, the screen looks like its about to turn on and then it goes black again. When I'm charging it, I get nothing but the dead battery pic with the red line. I've only had the phone since November. There's no damage done to this phone at all. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Try leaving it on charge for up to an hour and see if it switches ON on its own. If it doesn't but at least shows the Battery Icon when you press the power button, try a Soft Reset. I'm assuming its really flat :p

Jyoungs

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
I've charged it for several hours a few different times. Still nothing. The phone had a full battery charge when it went black. I guess I'll have to take it to AT&T ~~~ never a dull moment

OatmealSavage74

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
had my lumia 1020 for a couple of weeks now - noticed a few screen bugs that have popped up. One is the scrolling is quite touchy and will stop dead with a small tap on it. The other and more troubling one is that when I'm not even touching the screen it will randomly open apps or keep pressing the same letter when I'm texting - while typing and while even touching the screen (letter L on a vertical orientation) Is it possible that the screen has a slight concave to it and keep the phone acting like I'm touching the screen when I'm not? Please help - had to go back to my old phone cause of this problem :(

abelljms

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
take the SIM out, try turning phone on/off,
then stick sim back in
it might reset it's (stupid) brain
it's outrageous smart phones have battery buried in as in the old days removing the battery usually fixed these 'brain' problems

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Something strange is happening on my 1020. i have never seen this happen before.
It is very quiet out here at 6 am and I can here the phone vibrate like when you put it on/or remove of charge once every 2-3 mins. I connected the phone to the charger heard it vibrate, confirmed it was charging on the lock screen and sat across the room browsing here. Then I hear a second vibration but thought it was a notification and then it happened again and again. I go to have a look and the phone had stopped charging then in 2 mins it started again!! has my charger had it and time for a new one?I plugged it into different outlet and it was not working so I removed it and the phone showed a charging symbol! (Weird) so I plugged it back and it was indeed charging.
What could be wrong?

shkshaka

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
guys, yesterday (21 feb) my lumia 1020 died and I tried out everything I could. Reset, hard reset, lumia recovery tool... It has 1 year and 2 months only and I always cared well... Is there something else I can try? Do you think I can get it to the warranty? I think it lasts only 1 year =(

I'm from Brazil and it costed me 2400 Reais, which is around 800 usd nowadays...

Thanks in advance =(

VladIV

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I tried checking for the denim update on my Lumia 1020 and it is stuck on the checking for updates screen for about 10 minutes. I tried a shift restart and it came back to normal, but when I tried again, the same thing happened. What should I do,
leave it overnight to check for updates?

EDIT: It took that long because denim is finally here. :D

Last edited:

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
guys, yesterday (21 feb) my lumia 1020 died and I tried out everything I could. Reset, hard reset, lumia recovery tool... It has 1 year and 2 months only and I always cared well... Is there something else I can try? Do you think I can get it to the warranty? I think it lasts only 1 year =(

I'm from Brazil and it costed me 2400 Reais, which is around 800 usd nowadays...

Thanks in advance =(

Have you tried to leave it on the charger for a while?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
im getting lens flare in my pics..white objects gets glow around edegs.. wiped lens cover many times but no change in final result.. plz help me that what problem causing this

You have answered your question... in the post you made right after this one. Those little scratches on the lens cover are causing the lens flare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon