ATT will unlock off-contract Lumia 1020?

Heb Man

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I spent an hour on the phone to the US to AT&T and they
Said you guys are all lying and that it can't be unlocked for 90 days!!!

I'm so annoyed. I have a phone I can't use.

I just want this fixed!

Got the same problem, bought from the US and I'm in NZ but not a customer so they won't unlock - did you get yours sorted? I've tried all the best unlocker sites too.

JustlMe

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Got the same problem, bought from the US and I'm in NZ but not a customer so they won't unlock - did you get yours sorted? I've tried all the best unlocker sites too.
hey heb, try giving att another call, different agents will produce different results, im from south east asia, i gave them a ring and the first agent unlocked my l1020 in a heartbeat, i got mine off amazon off contract so i paid the full price,

$25 for an unlock is just crazy for me, go ebay, and search for an unlock code if you're really desperate, my friend got his L1020 from ebay for around $3.

But i seriously recc just giving att another go , if all fails go ebay grab the $3 bucks unlock code, both works

Heb Man

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks - who are the guys on ebay you used? I've tried cellunlocker.net and a few others and none have been able to give me a code.

Heb Man

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
OK, so I called the ATT freephone (1-800) number using Skype - great that those are free!
I gave the first operator the story about buying direct from the MS store off contract at full price and straight away she was trying to get me an unlock code it was awesome!
Unfortunately her system told her unlock code not found, so she put me through to tech support - same deal. Now the tech support guy's raised a case to get the code and I have a direct 1800 number to call them back for an update on my case. The tech guy assured me they would get me a code it's just going to take a few days..

Can't understand why they couldn't get a code though.

Amarpal Sandhu

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am in same boat. Was in LA 3 weeks ago and brought 1020 for full price, was locked to At&t, came back to NZ. Phone didn't work for vodafone or 2degree. Asking for code. Phone is in drawer for last 2-3 weeks. Didn't know, whst to do and found this thread.
Did you tell them that you are in NZ and not a AT&T member?
Did they gave you code yet?

shollywood

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
OK, so I called the ATT freephone (1-800) number using Skype - great that those are free!
I gave the first operator the story about buying direct from the MS store off contract at full price and straight away she was trying to get me an unlock code it was awesome!
Unfortunately her system told her unlock code not found, so she put me through to tech support - same deal. Now the tech support guy's raised a case to get the code and I have a direct 1800 number to call them back for an update on my case. The tech guy assured me they would get me a code it's just going to take a few days..

Can't understand why they couldn't get a code though.

This is an ongoing problem. I had the same issue(s). I escalated mine quite high up. I had the code within 3 business days. Seems there is a batch of IMEI that there system cannot generate unlock codes for. Didn't really listen to the reason they gave me, as I don't care, just unlock it. As far as having to be a customer, thats crap too. However, its easy to "become" a customer. The phone comes with a SIM card. You can activate it online, on prepaid service without putting any dollar value on it. Voila, your a "customer". Just know that when you phone in and say your a customer now, the rep will give you some crap about having to be one for 6 months. So I would just suggest escalating it.

Good luck!

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to say that I received my AT&T unlocked Lumia 1020 today. Inserted my sim and after entering the APNs, shutting down and restarting - I was joining T-Mobile with an LTE connection. YAY .. I guess it is true. The AT&T phones have both antennas or whatever hardware needed for an LTE connection. I was thinking I would only get 4G if I was lucky.

squall_234

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
This is an ongoing problem. I had the same issue(s). I escalated mine quite high up. I had the code within 3 business days. Seems there is a batch of IMEI that there system cannot generate unlock codes for. Didn't really listen to the reason they gave me, as I don't care, just unlock it. As far as having to be a customer, thats crap too. However, its easy to "become" a customer. The phone comes with a SIM card. You can activate it online, on prepaid service without putting any dollar value on it. Voila, your a "customer". Just know that when you phone in and say your a customer now, the rep will give you some crap about having to be one for 6 months. So I would just suggest escalating it.

Good luck!

First time try with my number(activate on 7-Oct, haven't put any money on it), they got me through with an unlock request, when i check back a few days later, they require me a proof of purchase which i don't have. Today, tried again, the agent that i was speaking with can't get me the unlock code so i demand to speak with the Supervisor. The Sup insisted that i have to use the phone on AT&T network for another 6 months and refill my account. Whatever i said, he wouldn't listen, just keep repeating the "...6months.." . Terrible supervisor!!.
Can you help me with my case ?

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
My phone came unlocked (thankfully.) It is for sure AT&T .. don't know how he managed that. Looks like many people are having problems.

Kara Perehudoff

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey I live in Canada and can't unlock my phone and can't call at&t because they are not available in my region. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

frantize

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I unlocked my Nokia Lumia 1020 from www.safeunlockcode.com. Very easy to get the code. I just filled out the IMEI on the for. Paid via Paypal. Within a minute I received the MEP2 code via email, and mySamsung Galaxy S4 Mini is unlocked. Now I will be able to use it traveling.

richardfhtagn

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a phone from microsoftstore.com and am having a hell of a time getting ATT to unlock it. =/ They just give me the run around on both phone and chat. I tried to check with the two unlocking sites listed in this thread, but no luck. They don't offer a code. ...any suggestions?

Ukyo

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I unlocked my Nokia Lumia 1020 from www.safeunlockcode.com. Very easy to get the code. I just filled out the IMEI on the for. Paid via Paypal. Within a minute I received the MEP2 code via email, and mySamsung Galaxy S4 Mini is unlocked. Now I will be able to use it traveling.

Tried that site for my ATT 1020 and they said they can't unlock currently.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes