Passcode with Pro Cam App requires you to input password from lock screen

hwalker84

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
So now that I have my Lumia 1020 in hand the first thing I wanted to try was seeing if the Pro Cam app would quick launch with a password protected phone. It doesn't. You still have to input your password.

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I guess that makes sense since it's a 3rd party app and doesn't replace the default camera. I will be using the stock camera app as my default then.

strikeIII

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Good to know. I was just about to post this question on why I'm now entering my PIN when I launch the Camera. I will be changing to default myself.

Stil_1

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually disappointed to hear this. I would be hooking this up with my corporate exchange email, which has a password policy. I wanted the Pro app to be the default and be available for lock screen quick photos too. :(

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Any chance we could get a workaround for this? Software patch? Maybe assign it to Kids Corner so you can swipe to Kids Corner and launch the camera/app? Just throwing ideas at the wall and see if something sticks. I haven't used WP8 or Kids Corner yet so I don't know their limitations...

Stil_1

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Any chance we could get a workaround for this? Software patch? Maybe assign it to Kids Corner so you can swipe to Kids Corner and launch the camera/app? Just throwing ideas at the wall and see if something sticks. I haven't used WP8 or Kids Corner yet so I don't know their limitations...

Ahh, was just thinking the same thing in another thread. Can anyone with a WP8 phone verify with the smart cam app in kids corner? That should be treated the same way as the pro cam.

strikeIII

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site

Ahh, was just thinking the same thing in another thread. Can anyone with a WP8 phone verify with the smart cam app in kids corner? That should be treated the same way as the pro cam.

Just tried the kids corner idea but you still need to enter your password or PIN to access the kids corner first to launch the Pro Cam or Smart Cam apps.

Stil_1

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Just tried the kids corner idea but you still need to enter your password or PIN to access the kids corner first to launch the Pro Cam or Smart Cam apps.

Dang, so kids corner needs a passcode? why? Isn't the corner so kids can't mess up the phone or get access to things they shouldn't be? If they need to enter your pass code to get into that feature, what is the value add in that? They could then just get into your regular phone too, right? Sorry, not too sure how it works with a passcode :)

strikeIII

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Dang, so kids corner needs a passcode? why? Isn't the corner so kids can't mess up the phone or get access to things they shouldn't be? If they need to enter your pass code to get into that feature, what is the value add in that? They could then just get into your regular phone too, right? Sorry, not too sure how it works with a passcode :)

I agree. I don't know why you should need a passcode for kids corner espcially since you have control of what apps can go in there.

hwalker84

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes I believe if you have a passcode then Kids corner shares that same passcode which is stupid.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes I believe if you have a passcode then Kids corner shares that same passcode which is stupid.

The kids corner PIN thing must be new...it doesn't ask me for a PIN to launch kids corner on my 810. But since we're the forgotten ones...we're on old code. I *do* have to enter my pin to get back into the phone after leaving the kids zone via the power button, which is intended behavior. Also, I added "smart shoot" to my kids zone (different than the smart camera app, but still a 3rd party camera app) and it doesn't ask for a PIN to launch from within kids zone..but again I'm on older code than most of the rest of the lumia universe so YMMV.

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
The kids corner PIN thing must be new...it doesn't ask me for a PIN to launch kids corner on my 810. But since we're the forgotten ones...we're on old code. I *do* have to enter my pin to get back into the phone after leaving the kids zone via the power button, which is intended behavior. Also, I added "smart shoot" to my kids zone (different than the smart camera app, but still a 3rd party camera app) and it doesn't ask for a PIN to launch from within kids zone..but again I'm on older code than most of the rest of the lumia universe so YMMV.

Hmm, I wonder if this is a bug in the new code or working as intended? Either way, it needs to be fixed/updated to reflect "if camera is activated from locked mode, no matter the app it calls, it should *not* require a PIN to unlock". That's supposed to be one for the main selling points of WP. Nokia/MS, are you listening/reading?

Who has a contact email or blog that this can be posted/spammed to ASAP for consideration?

Techiedude

Last edited:

RyanR47

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
You have no idea. iOS will not even let you set an alternative default photo App. Also, it does not have the dedicated photo button that this forum is talking about.

But we are talking about Nokia and Microsoft here. If Nokia can make a custom SoC for the Lumia 1020 with qualcomm, I find it inexcusable that they cant find a work around for this, especially considering how useless the default camera becomes when paired with 1020.

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
While I was upset by this at first, I realized that Pro Cam was still a little too slow for the whole purpose of the launch with the shutter button feature, to get a quick snap. I set the phone to unlock to the default app, which we do lose the Pro Cam reframing, but if you don;t get the shot to reframe, what's the point? If you have time, just lens over and unlock.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon