Battery Issues

treetownal

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
My battery is running from full charge to nothing in 3-4 hours lately even when NFC, wifi and bluetooth off. It can barely outcharge the battery drain while plugged in. Is anyone else having issues? I have tried rebooting but it hasn't had an impact, it continues to run very hot and drain at breakneck speed.

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
How about if you turn off cellular data?

Do you have a bunch of apps running in the background?

I only have 5 apps. My battery last more than one day. Have BT on, WiFi on, NFC on. Cellular on and off throughout the day.

Sent from my 1020 using Tapatalk

caintmakit

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I had similarly bad experience as treetownal. 1020 started draining @ 20% per hour after ~12 days of use. The drain persisted after a hard reset and restore.

As an experiment, I uninstalled all apps, disabled everything (cell radio, WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, location, messenger chat, chat backup, Facebook chat) and it still drained @ 20% per hour. Unreal.

Treetownal, couple of questions:
1. For how many days had you used the phone before the battery started draining this quickly?
2. When you set the phone up, did you restore apps and settings from a backup or start with nothing and manually installed apps?
3. Which chargers have you used with the phone?

FWIW, in my case battery life was OK for a day after I did another hard reset and chose not to restore from backup. However, I couldn't risk that the battery would regress again after the 14 day return window, so I returned it.

treetownal

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I've had the phone for about a month. It started doing this about a week ago. Apps were restored from a backup. I have used primarily the nokia plug in charger and a USB cord into my computer at the office. I expected a heavy drain when using the camera, but this is absurd. I can run 5-10% off the battery in 5 minutes just watching a youtube video.

I might do a hard reset if that helps. I bought the phone unlocked and returning is going to cost me a lot of money, if I can still do it.

Desmoface

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Hmm...my battery life has been outstanding, but I really haven't added any apps other than what came with the phone. Even using the camera, the battery life is strong. I've had my phone for about two weeks. I take the phone to work, about 8 am, use it on and off throughout the day, to check mail, browse the net, etc. And when I plug the phone back in at night, before turning in for the evening, around 9pm, and it's usually at 60%+ battery life left.

Steve

chocka

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Is there a difference between units bought from att vs Microsoft store? I bought first one from att and battery life was bad initially. It improved in the course of a week after removing certain background tasks and email sync settings. I returned it since I knew the prices were going down and ms store is offering free camera grip. I got my second one from Ms store and the battery life on the first day was great. I let my kid install games and play with it for an hour + some light browsing + glance time display + double tap to wake up. I had 50% at the end of the day.

tgr42

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I bought mine online from AT&T and have been happy with the battery life. I get about 3 days with light use. Of course, I immediately uninstalled all AT&T apps except for myAT&T, and I have everything disabled except double tap to wake and location, email sync set to every 15 minutes, all background tasks disabled except for a battery monitoring app.

Ferazzz

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I've had the phone for about a month. It started doing this about a week ago. Apps were restored from a backup. I have used primarily the nokia plug in charger and a USB cord into my computer at the office. I expected a heavy drain when using the camera, but this is absurd. I can run 5-10% off the battery in 5 minutes just watching a youtube video.

I might do a hard reset if that helps. I bought the phone unlocked and returning is going to cost me a lot of money, if I can still do it.

I'm in the same boat as you. Just doing basic tasks the phone can start plummeting with its battery life.

treetownal

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Oddly enough, after continuing to run down at 33% an hour (according to my battery program) for the past week with no background tasks and most things other than data shut down, today it mysteriously went back to running cool and draining at about 2%/hour. I can't pinpoint any specific causes. I uninstalled Weatherflow and turned off background tasks for the bing apps, but it continued to run down at crazy high speeds for a day after having done so despite several soft resets.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Experiencing similar thing with my 1020, the batter when i first got the first few weeks was pretty awesome. I'd have around 40% by the time i went to bed from 7am to 12 am where i would probably have 10-15% on the 920. quite surprised by the great battery performance even though the battery size was the same. in normal use, my phone wouldnt even go to 99% until almost 4 hours somedays with my normal usage.

Probably 1.5 weeks ago, the batter started to drain more per hour. While the drain isn't significant enough for me to charge mid day and i can still get a full days use, but nothing really changed at all and i actually started deleting emails and apps to see if i can re-create the battery performance i had initially, but not able to. Prior i was able to leave my phone off the charger at night at 100% with no drain, now it drains about 15% if i leave overnight for 7-8 hours and not sure what is the cause of this.

I had about 6 background tasks on when my batter was great, im down to 2 and the drain continues.

I had restored from my 920 settings on my 1020 and worked great, now thinking about resetting and just starting from scratch to see if that works.

I thought my battery issue days were over after replacing my 920, guess not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon