Double Tap to Wake Destroys Battery

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Battery life has improved on my 920 since gdr2, its still not that great but I can live with it.
It could be the apps that I've been using has been constantly updated. ie less "rogue" app that drains it dry...[looking t you whatsapp!!]

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I have about 40-50% left of my battery each day when I get home from work and about 30% when I go to bed... Sometimes I don't recharge for the night and it still manages to get through the next day.

I never turn off Wifi, Location services, Background Tasks or anything and I have Double Tap and Glance screen activated with the "Look" option (swipe your head above the sensors to activate the screen). No problem whatsoever.

Gleisson Gomes

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
After reading almost this whole thread I decided to have DTTW turned on for a week. But talking about battery life, the only smartphone I've used whose battery life I never complained about was my old Palm Treo 650. That phone (or "brick", as we call it in Brazil) was amazingly good. I could make calls on very poor signal locations. I used to spent 2 and half hours talking in it to drain only half battery. Once, its battery lasted 9 days. How I miss it.

Quinn FitzGerald

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm surprised that this thread is here, or is a surprise to anyone...

For the sole reason that underneath the Double Tap to Wake option is the note:
"This reduces battery life"

hence I'm surprised why people are surprised when they find it reduces battery life! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Great, except in my experience stuff works like this (experience with glance (peek) and double tap to wake on 920 and 1020):
1. 920 drains less battery when using just glance (wtf?) (both without sim cards)
2. 1020 drains noticeably more battery with double-tap to wake than 920 does. Like "If-I-have-this-on-I-cannot-use-my-phone-for-a-long-day-without-charging-it" with what I would call light usage (web browsing (wifi) and occasional calls/text.
3. 920 does not experience anything near the crazy drop the 1020 does with "double-tap to wake" turned on.

The surprise isn't that is uses more, the surprise is that it takes so much, and varies so much between devices. (note: why does glance use less for me on a 920 than 1020?!?! AMOLED should win here)

Demonchld

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
This along with glance I turn it off. I think ?t might activate in ur pocket without you knowing and killing the battery maybe.
Cool feature but I keep mine off needs much juice for that camera as I can get out of it.

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
This along with glance I turn it off. I think ?t might activate in ur pocket without you knowing and killing the battery maybe.
Cool feature but I keep mine off needs much juice for that camera as I can get out of it.

It doesn't kill my battery, but it gets activated in my pocket so I keep it off. Even though I have set touch sensitivity normal, I don't really know how the screen gets activated..

CliveSinclair

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm surprised that this thread is here, or is a surprise to anyone...

For the sole reason that underneath the Double Tap to Wake option is the note:
"This reduces battery life"

hence I'm surprised why people are surprised when they find it reduces battery life! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Don't have the 'This reduces battery life' on my 930 under the double tap to wake option. I've always had the option on, so will try with it off - as it's not that reliable anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon