09-27-2014 06:19 PM
135 1234 ...
tools
    i am just reading this forum using my mobile 2g data connection .

Is that cause such drain ?

I have 48 hours to swap my phone. And also phone was bit warmer during those time

Sent from my RM-875_im_india_230 using Tapatalk
    What do you mean 48 hours, isn't it under a years warranty?
    10-17-2013 10:54 PM
    I am the same guy who posted it , but that account doesnt work any more. So i have to use my social network login.

How is the phone set up? Background apps on? Glance screen? Double tap? Etc?

It sounds like my first 1020. Personally I'd swap it.
    Background Apps On , Galnce Screen On , Double Tap On, Two email syncing every hours.

Are you sure you have the same issue. I read your experience of your first 1020 , how is the second one performing?

How much % loss in standby mode and when you use it how much it is draining?
    Some websites drain the battery faster. wpcentral.com is one of the websites if you are in desktop mode. The download bar doesn't stop and I always press the "X" to stop loading the page after few secs.
    I used to browse forums using Tapatalk.

What do you mean 48 hours, isn't it under a years warranty?
    IT is under a 1 year warranty but i think , DOA is for 7 days. If the 7 days passed i have to send phone for repair not for entire replacement.

But I don't like to send new phone for repair in less than 10 days for which i have spend 900USD :)
    10-17-2013 11:04 PM
    IT is under a 1 year warranty but i think , DOA is for 7 days. If the 7 days passed i have to send phone for repair not for entire replacement.

But I don't like to send new phone for repair in less than 10 days for which i have spend 900USD :)
    I have had my Lumia 720 replaced after almost 1.5 months of use, replaced/swapped/exchanged.
    10-17-2013 11:06 PM
    Background Apps On , Galnce Screen On , Double Tap On, Two email syncing every hours.

Are you sure you have the same issue. I read your experience of your first 1020 , how is the second one performing?

How much % loss in standby mode and when you use it how much it is draining?
    The replacement phone is excellent. I can go two days before it needs charged. In terms of use I have glance screen on, 4 background apps running, double tap to wake on and my Hotmail set to sync every hour. Wi-Fi, 3G and location are all on. On standby it's draining at less than 1% per hour. In use it's draining at 3-4% per hour if I'm browsing the web and listening to music. If I'm playing a game, Halo for example, then the drain rate is 5% per hour.
    10-18-2013 02:38 AM
    The replacement phone is excellent. I can go two days before it needs charged. In terms of use I have glance screen on, 4 background apps running, double tap to wake on and my Hotmail set to sync every hour. Wi-Fi, 3G and location are all on. On standby it's draining at less than 1% per hour. In use it's draining at 3-4% per hour if I'm browsing the web and listening to music. If I'm playing a game, Halo for example, then the drain rate is 5% per hour.
    Halo draining at 5% per hour?! Mine definitely gotta be faulty. Just played "wordament" game last night which is a microsoft simple (but great) word game is certainly not as graphically extensive as Halo for about 30 minutes, and I lost about 25% of battery.
    10-18-2013 03:07 AM

You have got an amazing phone through replacement. If i browse the drain are more than 10 percent per hour. I dont gaming these days. But if i do i think it will be like 25% per hour for game like halo.

All you have got is wonderful phone where you can play halo for continuous 20 hours.
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    10-18-2013 03:29 AM
    I think i have found out the app which is causing drain. Do anyone of you here skype installed?

I dont see it is enabled in background task but i am getting chats even though i have never opened it today. So i think it is mostly running in background.
    10-18-2013 04:37 AM
    I think i have found out the app which is causing drain. Do anyone of you here skype installed?

I dont see it is enabled in background task but i am getting chats even though i have never opened it today. So i think it is mostly running in background.
    Skype is known to be a major battery drain. Actually, any IM app that can auto-update all the time us a major battery drain.
    10-18-2013 05:02 AM
    Skype could be the reason.
    10-18-2013 05:09 AM
    Skype is not a major battery drain in my experience. I've had it pinned and notifying me of IMs / calls since 1020 launch and I regularly get around 1%/hour idle consumption. Of course, I always use the back button to close it once I'm done checking on messages and stuff.
    10-18-2013 07:31 AM
    Skype could be the reason.
    Skype is 1 bad boy, turn it on and you'll be like infected with instant battery crash!
    10-18-2013 09:10 AM
    What are the 4 background apps you're running?

I replaced mine too and i currently have AccuWeather & Battery running in the background with LTE....about 4%-5% drain/hr now on standby which i'm pretty happy abt since i was getting abt 10%/hr previously....but your less than 1% standby is awesome
    10-18-2013 11:01 AM
    Skype is not a major battery drain in my experience. I've had it pinned and notifying me of IMs / calls since 1020 launch and I regularly get around 1%/hour idle consumption. Of course, I always use the back button to close it once I'm done checking on messages and stuff.
    Hi,

Whats the draining percentage of batter if you use the phone for any purpose , lets say browsing with auto brightness on and in your LTE.

Whether you are getting this awesome battery stats since the start?

Becoz , sdc1 already confirms playing halo makes the phone to get battery drain only 5% where as in my case browsing forum for 20 minutes causing 9% to drain. Let me know your stats, so i can confirm whether my phone is faulty or not.

Note: Please forgive me for the grammar mistakes I made in the post. I am bad at English.
    10-18-2013 01:46 PM
    What are the 4 background apps you're running?

I replaced mine too and i currently have AccuWeather & Battery running in the background with LTE....about 4%-5% drain/hr now on standby which i'm pretty happy abt since i was getting abt 10%/hr previously....but your less than 1% standby is awesome
    WP Central and Bing Weather, News and Sport.
    10-18-2013 02:14 PM
    I've only made a significant effort to monitor and optimize battery consumption while the phone is idle. I don't have as good of an idea of the drain rate when actively using the phone with the display on. I do know it's MUCH higher than when the phone is sitting idle, which is what I'd expect. My guess would be somewhere around 15-30%/hour, maybe even more, depending on what you're doing. Most of my usage of the phone is for short periods ranging from a few seconds to 10-15 minutes at the most.

I do have one battery graph showing a time when I was using the phone pretty actively to take pictures throughout the day. You can read about it in the following post:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...ml#post2072905
    10-18-2013 02:24 PM
    I've only made a significant effort to monitor and optimize battery consumption while the phone is idle. I don't have as good of an idea of the drain rate when actively using the phone with the display on. I do know it's MUCH higher than when the phone is sitting idle, which is what I'd expect. My guess would be somewhere around 15-30%/hour, maybe even more, depending on what you're doing. Most of my usage of the phone is for short periods ranging from a few seconds to 10-15 minutes at the most.

I do have one battery graph showing a time when I was using the phone pretty actively to take pictures throughout the day. You can read about it in the following post:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...ml#post2072905

Well so your post makes it clear. So you are averaging around 4 to 5 hours of on screen time , thats the most a 2000mah phone can do with average use.

All I wonder is how do @sdc1 getting 5% battery drain per hour when playing halo , which is such a intensive graphics game.

@sdc1 : can you please do recheck for me , let say like this. If you have time on weekend just charge the phone to 100% and play your favourite game halo for 30 min and say the battery % drain. So it will be little help for the people over here to optimize the phone according to your setting if you get decent battery life. Well its not mandatory , if you cant do it , lets leave this.

I am still jealous of your phone @sdc1
    10-18-2013 02:34 PM
    The battery level is not always indicated reliably. For me, it will stay stuck at 100% for a while after charging it. Sometimes turning the phone off and back on solves this, sometimes not. It's better to measure starting at 85% or less. Also keep in mind that the battery discharge curve is not necessarily linear, so it could be dangerously inaccurate to measure time taken to read a small change like 5% in reported level and then extrapolate to the entire capacity of the battery.

By the way, there's no way in hell that you could have the display on for 20 hours on a single charge with this phone, let alone play a game for that amount of time. This 5%/hour figure is most certainly an error in measurement or communication.
    10-18-2013 02:55 PM
    The battery level is not always indicated reliably. For me, it will stay stuck at 100% for a while after charging it. Sometimes turning the phone off and back on solves this, sometimes not. It's better to measure starting at 85% or less. Also keep in mind that the battery discharge curve is not necessarily linear, so it could be dangerously inaccurate to measure time taken to read a small change like 5% in reported level and then extrapolate to the entire capacity of the battery.

By the way, there's no way in hell that you could have the display on for 20 hours on a single charge with this phone, let alone play a game for that amount of time. This 5%/hour figure is most certainly an error in measurement or communication.
    So what can be the expected on screen time of this phone? if we use heavily the drain can be 25% per hour. So shall we conclude that those who are attaining more than 4 hours of on screen time , I mean continous usage of phone for 4 hours + are those are with good batteries?

Becoz my HTC One 2300mah can do upto 5 hours of on screen time, thats the most every phone can do.

From this - Good Battery has

1) 1% to 3% battery drain in standby. ( One can have phone on upto 2 - 3 days on Standby)
    2) 15% to 25% per hour on usage. (One can use their phone continously for 4 - 6 hours )

Well the most drain for the people with Location On , Glance On , Email Sync , Background task on, Auto Brightness on.

Are the above statements is true? So the confusion among the people can stop.
    10-18-2013 03:11 PM
    I have carefully measured the battery drain on this 1020. My figures are accurate.
    10-18-2013 03:30 PM
    sdc1 - I really don't think that's possible. Even Nokia's official 1020 specs page claims "Maximum Video playback time: 6.8 h", which is 14.7%/hour. Video playback is highly optimized and hardware accelerated on all modern devices. Pretty much any other task is going to consume more power. So 6.8 hours is a [probably optimistic] maximum for amount of time with the display on. If you're playing a game the battery drain is almost certainly going to be higher.
    10-18-2013 03:54 PM
    sdc1 - I really don't think that's possible. Even Nokia's official 1020 specs page claims "Maximum Video playback time: 6.8 h", which is 14.7%/hour. Video playback is highly optimized and hardware accelerated on all modern devices. Pretty much any other task is going to consume more power. So 6.8 hours is a [probably optimistic] maximum for amount of time with the display on. If you're playing a game the battery drain is almost certainly going to be higher.
    Fair enough. Tell you what, I'll charge it to 100% overnight and test it tomorrow.
    10-18-2013 04:26 PM
    Ok, so from 100% I have just played Halo for a solid 30 minutes. My battery is now at 96%.

So playing it for an hour would drain 8% presumably. I have the battery app by Arthur Semenov installed. I also switched the phone off and on to see if this changed the amount of battery left and it didn't.
    10-19-2013 03:01 AM
    Ok, so from 100% I have just played Halo for a solid 30 minutes. My battery is now at 96%.

So playing it for an hour would drain 8% presumably. I have the battery app by Arthur Semenov installed. I also switched the phone off and on to see if this changed the amount of battery left and it didn't.
    I played Jetpack Joyride on my L720 for like 10 minutes, the upper half of the phone was boiling hot, I noticed it when I received a call and put the phone on my ear, I could probably iron a stack of clothes with that temperature.
    10-19-2013 03:36 AM

As said earlier measuring from 100% wont get accurate reading. I also noticed it. Measuring from 75% will give some accurate result. Donot charge the phone , let the phone dry to or less than 80% then the result will be much accurate.
    10-19-2013 04:32 AM
    it been a 3 days since o got my lumia 1020, same issue here... battery on 100% charged reports only 12 hour of life, considering that i have turned off the wi-fi, BT, location, only 3G and soft-reset the phone. But problem remains the same :(
    10-19-2013 08:36 AM
135 1234 ...