Can the 1020 output speakerphone audio to BOSE bluetooth device?

ImagoX

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm loving my 1020 and use it quite often for speakerphone calls. My problem is that people can hear me talking great but the speakers aren't the greatest, so I'd like to use my BOSE Bluetooth speakers for the audio. The BOSE works great for music, but the audio cuts out when I take a call. Doesn't matter if I'm on speakerphone or not; I can't seem to output call audio to the bluetooth device no matter what I do. My specific questions are:

1. Is this by design, or is there perhaps a setting I need to configure to allow phone call audio to output?
  2. If I can somehow output call audio via Bluetooth, do I specifically need to be in speakerphone mode to make sure people can hear me?
  3. I can also output audio via stereo cable to the BOSE - is this perhaps the better option for those times that I meed to share phone call audio with a larger audience?

Thanks as always for assistance - any tips are greatly appreciated! --Matt

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Well, it depends on the protocol that the BT device declares to the phone. Your speakers are probably telling the phone that they are only speakers and no microphones. The cable may be something to try. But it may not recognise input from the phone's mike because it's trying to get input from the 3.5mm jack. Either way, worth trying.

ImagoX

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
If the phone is not in speakerphone mode, does anyone know if a caller will be able to hear me at a distance of, say, 2-3 feet? I'm sure I will be able to output audio via stereo cable when NOT in speakerphone mode, but I believe the stereo jack is disabled in speakerphone mode in favor of the built-in speakers, correct? Thanks...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro