How to make music playlist

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I can show you how to make a playlist on the phone and manage it with a PC. If you want to do this read on. If you don't want to use a PC stop here.

Make a playlist on your phone. This just gives you a starting point, doesn't make any difference if it is one song or an album. Start an album or song playing, below the album art tap the song name. Another page pops up, tap the save icon on bottom, now you give your playlist a name. You have made a playlist on the phone. Pause the player

Manage the playlist in Win7. Do this with playlist created with the phone. Not with playlists you have created in some other way.
Connect the phone via USB to the PC.
With windows explorer find your playlist. It is in the playlist folder in music. On the SD card if you have one, if not it is on the phone.
Double click the playlist file you just created or right click it, properties, reference tab. This will open the reference tab window.
You can now add to the playlist from songs on your phone using drag and drop into the refercnce tab window.
From the resources tab window you can also delete songs from the playlist and set the play order.
References.jpg

In Win8.1 the playlist folder is hidden and the window is called recources instead of refercnce. You will have to figure out for yourself how to view hidden files and folders.
Again, just with music on your phone, not in the cloud. This will fail.

josciicc

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Sure Thing! WP 8 (software) sucks big time, in terms of making a simple thing as a playlist. I?m not a newbie to either PC or smartphones.

Nokia 1020, with WP8, has a great camera (hardware), BUT to make a playlist is just too much to handle.

Where is the intuative interface, drag and drop. G-ses, what a headache. Thank you Microsoft for making my life miserable.

Can somebody tell a peasant how to make a playlist out of some downloaded MP3- files, the easy way?

Tanmay Kale

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
It's easy. Go to Xbox music. Long press on a song or genre or whatever. "ad to actual play list" (or something like this, I don't use the English version). Then go to the player, push the three dots and "save it as playlist". I don't understand why people say you can not make playlists,you can!!

Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
Dude
You are in the wrong forum
We are talking about the problem of not being able to make a playlist in "Nokia MixRadio", not "Xbox Music"!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon