Not too long after I got my 1020, say a couple of weeks, I noticed what looked like it was a pin-point scratch on the screen, yet whenever I ran my finger over it I couldn't feel a scratch at all. The screen was still completely smooth.

I showed it to a friend who wondered if a speck of dust had gotten under the screen somehow.

I have run a dead pixel test app on it and it doesn't seem to show anything up - it's like it refracts the colours rather than being a straight-up black-spot no matter what the screen is showing.

I've uploaded a photo of it to Flickr but it might not be supremely useful as obviously the refresh rate of the screen blurs it a bit, but it's clearly visible.

Another friend pointed out to me that it's still under warranty so I wondered whether it was worth ringing Nokia and seeing what they say? The only thing is as daft as it sounds if I got a replacement phone I'd lose a lot of saved progress in a lot of games so only want to do it as a last resort really...

20140103_113022 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Any ideas/suggestions?
    01-03-2014 10:59 AM
    Looks to me like it's going to take a replacement to get it right unless it is dust (I think it's hard to say from the image) and you want to take the phone apart - which would introduce the possibility of more dust.
    01-03-2014 11:03 AM
    Looks like dirt, or a tiny scuff to me.

Is it possible it has been there as long as you have had the phone? Could be a scuff or dirt from manufacture?

How visible is it from normal viewing distances when there is an image on screen? Could be worth just living with it?
    01-03-2014 11:03 AM
    Thanks for the replies peeps. Definitely wasn't there when I first got it as I'm always paranoid about scratching the phone early on after I did the same to my last one (Omnia 7) so was taking extra care not to do anything on this one.

I did think it sounded like a replacement. To be honest I am kinda 'over' it now but the perfectionist (and pedant!) in me just wonders about getting it sorted while still under warranty. I have shown it to a few people and the funny thing is how many of them struggle to see it in the first place.

Maybe I can max out the achievements on most of my games before sending it in... ;)

Thanks again!
    01-05-2014 07:48 AM