Emergency Calls Only . . . Try again in x minutes

Jason Angus

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Quick question. I am a very happy owner of a Nokia Lumia 1020.

Usually once or twice a day I will pull the phone out of my pocket and see the message Emergency calls only .... try again in 1 minute. I assume the phone is getting turned on in my pocket some how, because it never happens, sitting on a desk, or etc. I have turned double-tap to wake off and am still seeing it. Any ideas? It's starting to get frustrating.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Are your jeans,pocket tight. It happens when you wear tight jeans and due to movements the phone lock button wakes the phone .its a great idea to keep a pass code , and I think you have one since it shows emergency call. Try changing touch sensitivity by going into settings,touch,and change it to normal(by changing it to normal you won't be able to use your screen while wearing gloves, here even if the phone unlocks in your pocket,chances will be very less since you have turned of super sensitive touch. )

If all these does not solve I will personally recommend you to use flip case/cover for your lumia 1020, it will protect your screen from scratches and will solve your problem of unlocking in pockets.

Jason Angus

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. Usually not tight pants, that's what makes it odd. I will turn down the sensitivity and see if that helps. I may give the flip case a try too, it wouldn't hurt. And yes I do have a pass code on the screen, I forgot to mention that. Thanks again.

Neelam Tiwari

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
I am unable to use my Nokia Lumia 530, it is showing only emergency call allowed and also appearing wrong date and time. Even other options are also not functioning accept camera and suggesting that try again in 714124 minutes. please help me out from this irretating situation and suggest how to reset my phone....

Sir please reply.... waiting for your answer

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon