Wrong date and time

David Skerritt

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 1020 shows wrong date and time after reboot. The real time and date are 09.12 on 5 Feb 2014. After rebooting my phone showed 12.36 on 20 July. Shut down and restarted and now shows 14.32 on 25 Jan. This is crazy, any clues anyone?

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 1020 shows wrong date and time after reboot. The real time and date are 09.12 on 5 Feb 2014. After rebooting my phone showed 12.36 on 20 July. Shut down and restarted and now shows 14.32 on 25 Jan. This is crazy, any clues anyone?

Make sure you have entered your correct Region and Time zone settings in your device.

potatopower

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

A soft reboot (Pressing Volume + Power button) resets the date and time to an earlier date.

Wai Kong Pang

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
A soft reboot (Pressing Volume + Power button) resets the date and time to an earlier date.

My phone hanged, so I had to use "soft reboot" and after that I notice my phone time had gone back dated. I tried normal reboot the phone, but the date keep jumping...

My wife is using WP also and it's on the same cellular network, but her phone date & time is correct.

Is there any solution to this? Thanks.

John Askew

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
The phone loses the Time Zone setting.
Go to Settings->date & time, turn Set Automatic off, is your time zone box empty?
If so, this is the fix, if not, sorry:
Set the Time Zone to something other than what it should be or was to this point (e.g. if Eastern, select Central...). Close the option and see the wrong time? Good. Now open it back up and set the Time Zone to the one you should use and had before. Is it in the box? Good. If not, then you probably selected the same Time Zone as before and the box simply won't allow that one to be used until it is changed to another one and changed back.

If this doesn't work, then just change your time zone to a different one and change it back.

Sometimes simpler instructions work better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes