Case Question

matthoms

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I currently have an Incipio Case for my 1020. I like small cases that don't look like they're a case for the phone. I have a Qi charger but I have no use for it since the 1020 doesn't have it without the wireless charging case. My question is, to those of you that have the Qi charging case, do you like it? Is it worth getting? My only concern with the case is the lack of protection. I never drop my phones, but I still worry about it from time to time because it can happen anytime anywhere. Basically, I'm creating this thread to just get some other opinions since I can't get it from my friends or family since they have no idea what I'm talking about... they're a little slow in the tech world.

mickydale

Banned
Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Not sure how confident you are in your DIY skills, but if you run a search on "wireless charging case mods or hacks"... You can learn how to turn about any case you want into a charging case..... It does require some serious patience and its not without its risk , but possible..

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
i have the wireless charging case.
The likes of this case is that it grabs the phone snuggly and holding it is quite comfortable, perhaps even more than having the phone bare to some.
If you do not like the idea of adding extra millimetres on your phone however, this case probably isn't for you (though you can remove it while not charging).

But since you have the Qi charger why not just get the case? Worth getting? Yes.

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi
i have the nokia QI case/shell i got the yellow for my black phone

i dont really like it much but it serves its purpose and can be a quick colour change.,myself i would have preferred nokia to have made it a littemore a fully enclosed thing with fake buttons instead of just a back plate and 4 corner clips, guess they preferred the minimalist option .

I've removed mine and chucked it in the cupboard as i prefer my speck candyshell grip case but id prefer that to actually have the wireless charge coil in it , i dont like chopping stuff up so i'll just wait and hope some manufacturers will design and make one.
Perhaps untill then my qi charger and shell will just be a backup charger option for this 1020.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I find the wireless shell makes it more comfortable to hold.
the official Nokia wireless charger is worth the cash. I've got some $10 generic usb powered chargers and they don't work so well. But one's in bits at the moment to be nodded into my car when I've got some time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duncekatie39