my phone turns hot

Joven Catibog

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm worried about my phone because everytime I used it for browsing it's like a hot coffee on my hand. Same when I plugged it for charging. Is anyone experienced it too?

Dave Bhullar

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I think this is a problem all windows phone users face (or maybe it's just Nokia?). I've had this problem with my old 920 and also the 925 that I'm using now

irtiza_fayaz

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Mostly the pre "Black Update" handsets. i.e those which came before the 1520 (pretty much everything, I know) because the chipsets used are outdated for a WP set.

Doctor Spadus

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Well I had a former Lumia 920 and it got hot very often when using it. Now, I have another new one that I bought last September, but this one gets hot very seldom. I think it may depend on the single phone. If the problems persists, try speaking of it with an assistence centre. I changed my previous Lumia 920 for other reasons: it went broken after dropping.

Joven Catibog

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm not satisfied with my battery performance too right now. I got this phone 3 months ago, and I'm curious if it affects the battery performance with dead (totally discharge phone) when i unboxing it. It last for only 1 day havy to moderate usage especially browsing internet. I noticed mobile data really the reason of heavy battery drain. I set it to flight mode with 100% full last night and it less 2% at around 8 hours in standby.

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My 920 ran hotter and drained faster with 8.1 until I hard reset it. seems like the problem has gone away for the most part. May want to try that if its interfering with normal usage too much.

Joven Catibog

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Does nokia service center accept my phone for repair even 8.1 has been installed? And what was your battery life info at 100% full charge? I got 1 day & 9 hours. Unconvincing performance for my new 1020, or is it normal?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahuee