Lumia 1020 starts listening when I don't need it to

AntZoo

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Does anybody else have this problem when their Lumia just stats listening for voice commands on its own? I can't even put in my pin without it interrupting me after the second digit. It started happening after I hard test the phone. I have 8.1. Any advice?
Sent from my 1020 using Tapatalk

AntZoo

May 15, 2014
Visit site
8.1. Thing is everything was fine and then I reset the phone due to an unrelated reason, and voice commands (or Cortana) started popping up already at initial setup.

AntZoo

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Well, I have another issue (the phone is stuck in headphones mode), so I'll be restoring it to 8.0 this week and will take it to service. But that will only be this Wednesday, as I have a Mac at home. :)

AntZoo

May 15, 2014
Visit site
My friend had the same problem. It's a bug in Cortana. Hard reset?
Thanks, it actually helped. I tried hard resetting it before, but it didn't help that time. Strange. :) This time though it lost all my backups, so I'm left with a fresh system. The headphones problem is still there though.. But I'll let the service deal with it later.

AntZoo

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Update. No, didn't help, about 3 hours passed, and it started doing it again. I'll try downgrading to 8.0 and will see if that helps.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Update. No, didn't help, about 3 hours passed, and it started doing it again. I'll try downgrading to 8.0 and will see if that helps.

Damn. Umm have you deleted everything in Cortana...in the Cortana settings? You'll have to also go into your Microsoft account on the web to delete some information.

AntZoo

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Just fixed it, don't know how though. :) I mean, I thought about it and approximated that this time Cortana started appearing after I finished setting up the device, specifically after I added all the keyboards and languages that I use: English, Russian, Czech, Swedish, German and French. So I went ahead and deleted all those keyboards and languages. No Cortana bug since then. Funny thing though, I went back to try and play around with the keyboards to find out which one was causing the trouble, and they were all still there. No idea what happened there, but the phone is okay now. :)

richardmalec

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
did you manage to fix the 1020 being stuck in headphone mode, as i have the same issue just today?? re started 3 times just backing up to reset but if that didnt work for you then i wont bother?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon