Upgrading to cyan - lumia 1020 - dead camera

lumia0323

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Following self tests fails after upgrading to CYAN (see below). LUMIA 1020 camera dead after upgrading. DOES ANYONE HAVE A SOLUTION?
HARD RESET or REFLASH CYAN DOES NOT wok.

- Camera interface test for second camera
- Secondary camera Non volatile memory self test

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps you should contact Nokia/Microsoft to see what their reps have to say since it looks like a hardware issue that sprouted at an inopportune time.

I hope this doesn't turn you off to future updates.

lumia0323

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I spoke to Daniel at NOKIA Live Chat. He is not very helpful. He told me that he has created a ticket for this issue and forwarded it to a engineer. The engineer have looked at the issue for 3 days but still no solution. Daniel is very rude and told me to **** OFF basically. I have identified the problem but NOKIA/MICROSOFT done care about us users. Everyone need to create a ticket at Microsoft/Nokia support so this problem gets resolved. Its a software issue, so dont trust anything else. DAMIT NOKIA. I HATE YOU! BAD SUPPORT, BAD SOFTWARE... ****TY PRODUCT...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I spoke to Daniel at NOKIA Live Chat. He is not very helpful. He told me that he has created a ticket for this issue and forwarded it to a engineer. The engineer have looked at the issue for 3 days but still no solution. Daniel is very rude and told me to **** OFF basically. I have identified the problem but NOKIA/MICROSOFT done care about us users. Everyone need to create a ticket at Microsoft/Nokia support so this problem gets resolved. Its a software issue, so dont trust anything else. DAMIT NOKIA. I HATE YOU! BAD SUPPORT, BAD SOFTWARE... ****TY PRODUCT...

And this ladies and gentlemen, is what happens with (unfortunately typical) "quality" tech support goes bad. Hell, even if there's one bad rep, voila, then entire company is painted to be evil in the eyes of the consumer. This is why it needs to improve, whether Comcast or HP...
I suspect his hands could be tied, since there's different people working in support, you may want to try again.
(I'm curious, do you have a transcript?)

And this is a caveat to show to all the people who are crying about slower updates, because this is what could potentially happen when stuff is rushed. But I would think its a fluke, but I suspect I've seen at least one or two other posts in your situation, if I remember correctly, (I probably don't)

lumia0323

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Tried to flash a rom from germany. Worked, but same issue with WP 8.1. Camera won't start, however I were able to flash WP 8.0 back again, and camera works like a charm! WP 8.1 camera is still not working however

codynunes

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Tried to flash a rom from germany. Worked, but same issue with WP 8.1. Camera won't start, however I were able to flash WP 8.0 back again, and camera works like a charm! WP 8.1 camera is still not working however

Dang I was really hoping that Cyan would fix your problem. I tell them that you don't want to consult with the engineer, and that your phone is obviously not working, and would like a replacement. Also talk on the phone with them. Chat gives them a lot more wiggle room to dodge the situation.

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site

On windows 8.0, try your front cam. I bet it doesn't work.

Sushniak

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I have exactly the same issue with my Lumia 920.
On windows 8.0, try your front cam. I bet it doesn't work.
Yes, you are correct - front cam doesn't work at all. But I don't need it - I just need to use my main camera, but it is impossible to launch it on WP 8.1 Cyan (official).

Does anybody know how to deal with it?

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I have exactly the same issue with my Lumia 920.

Yes, you are correct - front cam doesn't work at all. But I don't need it - I just need to use my main camera, but it is impossible to launch it on WP 8.1 Cyan (official).

Does anybody know how to deal with it?

I suppose that because of faulty front cam, main cam app wont start in 8.1, so I suppose that changing the front cam, or sw patch for 8.1 would solve this issue. I Will take my 920 to Nokia care point these days (warranty) and will let you all knpw what happened.

carlodedonno

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem. in April I installed the Preview for Developers, everything worked fine without any problem, until yesterday.
I updated to the latest firmware and my camera isn't working at all, using various app, pushing the camera button, I get only a second of loading screen and the Start menu appears again. Ofc camera was working fine beforehand.

I spent the whole night trying to fix this. I somehow managed to downgrade to WP 8.0 and Lumia Black, camera was working fine, even though I forgot to check the front camera. Then I updated again, hoping for better luck, but no, always the same problem. I think it might be something related to Lumia Cyan, I used to have the Preview for Developers and never had problems with the camera.

What's more, when I try to download any app that uses the camera, I get an error message (in the attachments).

I seriously don't know what to do, I could downgrade, but now I will miss too much the new features introduced by WP 8.1, on the other hand tha camera was one of the main reasons why I bought the Lumia 920. It's ridicolous that I have to go on without it.

UPDATE

I downgraded again, and yes, I have got the same problem with the front camera. This is bugging me. I doubt that those jackasses at MS will spend some time trying to fix a bug that, after all, has affected just a few users.

I have managed to update to WP 8.1 - Preview for Developers without installing Lumia Cyan, but the problem persists.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140822_0001.png
    wp_ss_20140822_0001.png
    106.4 KB · Views: 1
  • wp_ss_20140822_0002.png
    wp_ss_20140822_0002.png
    141.6 KB · Views: 1
  • wp_ss_20140822_0003.png
    wp_ss_20140822_0003.png
    175.6 KB · Views: 1
  • wp_ss_20140822_0004.png
    wp_ss_20140822_0004.png