Nokia Lumia 1020 Camera Grip

grezmel

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
For some reason my camera grip wont charge - i plug the usb into the grip and the light comes on but turns off after a few seconds and doesnt flash to show that its in charging mode.

Ive tried different charging leads etc

any ideas ?

Cheers Graham

raggedy b

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Mines the same,found the usb socket is faulty,I have to have the lead at a slight angle to get it to charge,wondering whether I can get it fixed under warranty,probably not

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the board, Graham. Is the grip new? Have you been using it? Are you sure it's not fully charged? I haven't experienced this otherwise.

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
My first one also stopped taking a charge after 3 months. My ATT store replaced it under warranty.

Here's my theory: In general, any plug such as a usb dongle, micro-USB or earphone jack if wiggled a lot while plugged in can become defective. A male plug that is on a short swivel is a design that should minimize that. I don't think anyone is going to put much effort into fixing the problem because in a few years just about everything will be wireless. I think the Camera Grip is particularly susceptible to this problem.

The key is to be very careful while engaged to not apply pressure and turn the engaged male device into a lever of sorts.

Cache

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I've had to swap four or five for the same issue! Microsoft store has been super helpful each time. Fwiw, only ever used the oem phone charger and cable, gently.

grezmel

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Just a quick update, the camera grips appear to fail as the charging port rear connectors misalign with the connectors on the internal board.

I managed to open the camera grip and realign the port and added a bit of hot melt glue to reduce movement. After making sure that all of the screws were tight I reassembled and clipped the case back together.
It now charges a treat.....

A bit fiddly, but saved a few quid :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos