Many Nokia apps and setings crashes and bounces back

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,
I am new to this forum and windows ecosystem. But have used a few windows phones of my friends. I had bought a new Lumia 1020. I checked for the availability of any phone updates as soon as I got it, It was already up to date with windows 8.1. But now, If I open nokia camera, extras + info in settings, It is crashing and bouncing back. Also I am currently living in India, I am not able to see cortana option at all even after setting up all the language pre-conditions. At least the app should be visible and display that your region or language is not supported. I did soft reset but the problem still persists. Is anyone facing this problem? It would be helpful if I can solve the problem before doing a hard reset.

Thank you.

broughshane

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi and welcome to the site ! you will need to delete and reinstall the Nokia camera app to work. Had that problem myself now, and it may work on the other apps that are playing up. Cortana may not be available with the official 8.1 update for India. In the UK its with 8.1.1 update and I got it from the store with the app "preview for developers" from MS.

broughshane

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Extras➕info is a puzzle to me ! It's not a app and in settings. Did you change any of your settings to English US to get Cortana ? If so change back to your own home settings and restart the phone ! If no joy in extra, info I suggest you do a full reset of phone. I found out that you can get Cortana for India using the app preview for developers.

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
finally i cracked it
now my extras+info is working fine and cortana is also working
the simle thing is to change the location from india to u.s in all parameters like speech, location,language.
thats it !!!!!
thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2