When will Lumia Denim be released for Nokia Lumia 1020 ?

Veyron971

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Good morning, I'm new and I'm french... So, all I want to know like in the question is when will the Nokia Lumia 1020 will receive Lumia Denim update ? Because I'm done with the autonomy problem since Lumia Cyan update... They told me the problem comes from Lumia Cyan. You're gonna ask me why I ask on this forum: because I bought the RM-877 Lumia 1020 and I have the United States of America ROM country variant 3051.50009.1424.0002. It would be so good if someone could answer me :'( !!

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I also got Denim on my 1020 but I have reverted back to 8.0 because of the freezing issues. Also Denim will not bring anything new to the Camera for this device

Veyron971

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
I know it won't bring anything to the cam and I know why but, now you answered... Could you give me more informations about your 1020 (product code, product type -RM-87? and what is your Manufacturer name -into extra+infos) ?

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I know it won't bring anything to the cam and I know why but, now you answered... Could you give me more informations about your 1020 (product code, product type -RM-87? and what is your Manufacturer name -into extra+infos) ?

I have the 64gb version from O2 germany. Hw revision 4.4.6.2 rm-875 but the freezing issues are spread across different hw revisions and models.

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the 64gb version from O2 germany. Hw revision 4.4.6.2 rm-875 but the freezing issues are spread across different hw revisions and models.

hi mate please don't take this the wrong way but are you sure your device isn't faulty , I have 2x 1020s one german and one o2uk and I have 2 friends that have 1020s none of us have freezing issues at all

since release I have also seen and owned a lot of 1020s , I was buying and selling the 64gb models from o2 , testing them , unlocking them then selling them on for profit and not one froze on me like ive seen you say about cyan and now denim on your 1020

have you even contacted nokia about your device? also there really aren't as many people having this trouble as you make out in your posts across the forums ;-)

emiel1976

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
cant you just install developer preview? I am sure the latest version gives you what you require ;-)

I now that but with my ativ s the telephone became buggy so I wait until I get the update.
After that I wait till the first phones with wp 10 come and will see if I buy one or just wait till the update comes to my 1020. I know one thing and that is that only a new version of the 1020 can replace it.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
hi mate please don't take this the wrong way but are you sure your device isn't faulty , I have 2x 1020s one german and one o2uk and I have 2 friends that have 1020s none of us have freezing issues at all

since release I have also seen and owned a lot of 1020s , I was buying and selling the 64gb models from o2 , testing them , unlocking them then selling them on for profit and not one froze on me like ive seen you say about cyan and now denim on your 1020

have you even contacted nokia about your device? also there really aren't as many people having this trouble as you make out in your posts across the forums ;-)
Well if it would have had the same issues on 8.0 yes it might have been faulty but on 8.0 works without any problems, no matter what settings it has. On 8.1 for example with bing weather it freezes very often, without it only sometimes. Last night froze when batt saver got activated under 20% battery level. So as long as on one OS version is flawless I cannot say my device is faulty. I have reflashed back to 8.0 two times to verify for sure and no issues appeared on that version. Now, on 8.1 upgrade 1 seems ok but there is something in the OS that does not work as it should on this model, as MS said. Hope that fix is on the way as I would not trade just yet for a 930.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Well if it would have had the same issues on 8.0 yes it might have been faulty but on 8.0 works without any problems, no matter what settings it has. On 8.1 for example with bing weather it freezes very often, without it only sometimes. Last night froze when batt saver got activated under 20% battery level. So as long as on one OS version is flawless I cannot say my device is faulty. I have reflashed back to 8.0 two times to verify for sure and no issues appeared on that version. Now, on 8.1 upgrade 1 seems ok but there is something in the OS that does not work as it should on this model, as MS said. Hope that fix is on the way as I would not trade just yet for a 930.

so how do you stay on black firmware n get higher os versions only?

Or how do you flash just the OS? I thought if you flash it would be the firmware too and if you update I didn't think you can just update the OS only and not the FW?
Is there any special way to do it? or you mean you go via PFD after reverting to Black?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon