Cortana in the UK

Reddeviluk

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys, I've just jumped from Android after many years and so have been excited too see all the hype and hoopla that Microsoft and Windows 10 have generated this past week. I was wondering that as Cortana had been made a more integral part of Windows 10, does this mean I'll FINALLY get it on my UK O2 Nokia 1020? (Denim may never actually arrive if Windows 10 beats it)

Cheers,

Rich

Reddeviluk

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for that Harrie, I've tried all the settings and got nowhere, I guess its fate (or too old a firmware).

I guess I'll just have to be extra keen for Windows 10 as it'll add Cortana AND the rest of the new features to what's still a great phone.

Thanks again.

DuncanDuvall

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I've been searching high and low for an answer - this thread appears to answer

I've a 1020 in the UK running 8.1 but I can't get Cortana to work with a UK region setting, it only works if I switch it all to US. I THOUGHT that Cortana was available to the UK.

Is this not the case then? Is a UK phone unable to get Cortana?

thanksinadvance

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I've been searching high and low for an answer - this thread appears to answer

I've a 1020 in the UK running 8.1 but I can't get Cortana to work with a UK region setting, it only works if I switch it all to US. I THOUGHT that Cortana was available to the UK.

Is this not the case then? Is a UK phone unable to get Cortana?

thanksinadvance

You need DENIM or 8.1 + developer preview.
See in my above post for the min OS and settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes