best windows 10 camera app for 1020.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I took a few photos with my 1020 with windows 10 and they don't look as good as before. Is there another app or different settings I can use to get my photos looking right again?

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't care about raw, I never use it. I just want pictures that are vibrant and clear from the camera in JPEG. any recommendations on apps for that? I have yet to use raw in any camera that I own. Just not needed. I have 1000 times the amount of control in editing programs, using JPEG than I ever had using conventional film. I think everyone is making crap overly complicated using raw and converters, and then when something new comes out there is compatibility issues with their raw converters etc. Just shoot JPEG. Like I said somewhere else, my friend makes thousands of dollars every year selling photos, shooting weddings and portraits. He has a really good name around town because of his work, he shoots JPEG. Easy to use, no dicking around after.

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
You can get Lumia Camera back by doing a hard reset with no restore. Other than that, there's ProShot, 1Shot camera, and OneShot. Except you can't set those as the default camera, but they work great and they do shoot in jpeg so that should make you happy :)

BenGutt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I tried a hard reset with no restore, and I still didn't get Lumia Camera back. My pictures are so poor compared to a 1020 running 8.1.

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
If you can get Lumia Camera back onto your phone, then yes it does take RAW photos. I think it might depend on the version of the 1020 you have. For me I have an AT&T 1020 (white if that matters). And it has always reinstalled for me when I do the hard reset with no restore option. BenGutt I believe is the first person to have commented that the method I posted did not work for him. So it may be dependent on version.

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm using a Lumia 1020 on att us a black one, and I was able to get Lumia camera back with the hard reset. Allthough I will say that after a hard reset my phone did not perform as well, so I would be careful. Pro shot on wp10 ,for me at least the pictures were amazing and just as good as on 8.1.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I have an AT&T RM 877 (909 in device info) that I did the two step upgrade, first to 10166, that carried my settings over, I then did a factory reset with no sync, I then updated to the latest build, 10512. I then did another factory reset. Lumia Camera was gone after both upgrades, but returned after the factory both resets with no sync. I waited to add any info except my MS login for the insider app. until last.

I took a couple of pictures and it saves them both in JPG except one is large and one is much smaller. Is the larger called RAW? They both were JPG's according to the file type in the properties?

Just learning with the 1020 camera, glad it came back, pretty much got the phone for the camera. I haven't tried any of the other camera apps mentioned above. We'll see if the final W10 has it and go from there.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
lucky you! I didn't get Lumia Camera back after a hard reset and so far I cannot install it via Store either. Guess I'm stuck with Windows Camera (or ProShot)

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Looks like the Lumia Camera is hit and miss as far as restoring it after a hard reset goes. Apparently it's for AT&T versions only (so far).

Mark F24 - I think you probably have it on its default setting of taking a 5mp JPG + 38/34mp JPG picture. If you want RAW you need to go into settings and change it to take 5mp JPG + 38/34mp DNG (RAW) picture. The default setup allows the phone to use oversampling from the larger picture to create a better looking 5mp picture, which is easier to share than the larger file. If you change it to RAW that oversampling no longer happens when you edit the picture from Lumia Camera. So its a give and take. For me I prefer RAW because I pull them off my phone to edit them.

Still waiting for them to put RAW into Windows Camera...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes