Lumia 1020 owners lets make Microsoft listen to our voice on 6th October

Prabudh

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I happen to come across many #Lumia1020 owners and nobody's happy with the way Microsoft has treated this amazing device with no successor, discontinuation of essential Apps in some cases no Camera App in Windows 10 yet to take advantage of 41MP lens and sensors. Lets accept it, the new #WindowsCamera for #Windows10 is pathetic when u consider what #Lumia camera app used to do.
So I believe we need to highlight our disappointment over all the issues and use social media to make Microsoft take a note of it. I suggest on 6th October the day MS has big event lets use different Hashtags like #1020Successor #BringBackLumiaCamera etc. (everyone's free to suggest other hashtags) and show our disappointment through Twitter, Facebook and other mediums.
Do let me know if u guys are with me...

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Hmmmm I don't really think it is worth it to fight Microsoft over this. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a 1050 as a successor to it. Even if everything was kept the same and just got a faster CPU I would instantly buy it. But Microsoft is not going to do that. The only chance we have of it ever happening is if we support Microsoft. Even if the 950/950XL isn't exactly what we wanted, we have to show support for the company and Windows 10 Mobile for it to continue. I say do something like, #W10MShowYourSupport. Get the message out to everyone that there is a 3rd player and they deserve to be in the market.

Besides Microsoft has already stated Lumia Camera is coming back: (source https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2015/09/14/announcing-windows-10-mobile-insider-preview-build-10536/)

" We also wanted to talk a little bit about Lumia 1020 camera features on Windows 10. Owners of the Lumia 1020 love using their phone’s amazing camera to capture high-fidelity photos and videos. If you recently upgraded your Lumia 1020 to a Windows 10 Insider Preview build, you might have been disappointed that your camera wasn’t working like you expect. Many of the Lumia 1020’s camera features, like 41MP capture and DNG files, only work with the Lumia Camera app. While the app works with Windows 10 Mobile, it won’t be available for download from the Store until later this fall.

To get all your Lumia 1020 camera features back, you need the Lumia Camera app installed on your phone. The easy solution is to wait until the app is available in the Store. If you don’t want to wait, you need to use the Windows Phone Recovery Tool to return to Windows Phone 8.1 in order to get the app back.

Note: These issues only affect the Lumia 1020. If you have a different Lumia phone, the default Windows Camera app already supports all Lumia features except Living Images, which are coming soon to the Lumia phones that have them today!

Thanks for putting up with this temporary loss of functionality on Lumia 1020 devices. "

mojorisin35

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I have an unlocked Lumia 1020 and I have had all the windows 10 builds on it up until yesterday. I was well aware of the risk of putting preview builds on my phone so I went in eyes wide open. I also installed form a fresh start every build and then installed the apps etc..
The nails in the Win 10 coffin for me were:
The horrendous battery life on my 1020 starting with a full charge 3hrs of doing nothing and 20% battery life left, taking 5 pictures 30% battery life left, use HERE+ for 10 mins battery is at 20%.
When I use the phone for anything longer than 10 mins it gets pretty hot.
I purchased my 1020 for the amazing picture taking capability and Microsoft’s mysterious removal of the lumia camera app was like a punch in the stomach. The windows camera app is just not there yet, and for me there is a noticeable difference in the quality of images, the speed of opening upon camera button press, and the time between taking a photo and saving it which was horrible to begin with turned downright maddening with windows camera in win mobile 10.
I REALLLY wanted windows 10 to work out on my 1020, I was willing to ignore allot of stuff holding out hope that the next build would be the one.
I really don’t think Microsoft gives a rattus nates about the amazing promise that was a 1020 successor. So let’s hope the Surface Pro phone will deliver something amazing and in a class all of its own. As for the new 950 class phones…meh there is nothing that stands them apart enough from the competition to get Microsoft mobile into more hands outside the faithful.
Visually Windows 10 is a treat but until my annoyances are figure out I think I will wait as I am happy and sad to report that I have returned to windows 8.1 update 2 and the issues have disappeared it is like a breath of fresh air.
Gary

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster