T-Mobile USA 4G bands?

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Is this phone going to be compatible with T-Mobile USA 4G bands or is this yet another phone that would need a special variant? This would make a very nice upgrade to my 521, especially with regards to battery life but I am getting the feeling that, as usual, we aren't going to see this directly for sale in the USA anytime soon.

PeltFrelken

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I agree. I thought part of the point of models like the 521 was to get people into the ecosystem, and then get them to upgrade to better models. The 521-->1320 path seems a natural. Oh well, I don't work at MS or Nokia, so what can I do about it?

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I agree. I thought part of the point of models like the 521 was to get people into the ecosystem, and then get them to upgrade to better models. The 521-->1320 path seems a natural. Oh well, I don't work at MS or Nokia, so what can I do about it?
You would think they'd strike while the iron is hot as there are probably quite a lot, like us, who want to upgrade to something better but can't justify the high end models. I guess it's the old trick of only selling the higher priced models hoping most will be enticed by them instead.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
You would think they'd strike while the iron is hot as there are probably quite a lot, like us, who want to upgrade to something better but can't justify the high end models. I guess it's the old trick of only selling the higher priced models hoping most will be enticed by them instead.

I totally agree. Love my 521 except for the screen. Larger and better in daylight would be outstanding.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I totally agree. Love my 521 except for the screen. Larger and better in daylight would be outstanding.
Yes that's my other complaint too as where I live we have a lot of bright sunshine which makes the screen almost useless outside. One can only hope there will be a 1325 for T-Mobile :)

distilledoreo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
The Microsoft Store website doesn't have the 925 on T-Mobile anymore, so that may mean a new Windows Phone for magenta! I could just be hopeful because I really want an upgrade from my 521...

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
The Microsoft Store website doesn't have the 925 on T-Mobile anymore, so that may mean a new Windows Phone for magenta! I could just be hopeful because I really want an upgrade from my 521...
Or it could mean that like the 810 they're simply going to suddenly drop it without a replacement for a while.

Janak Patel

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Isn't there a way someone can find out about 1320 or 1520 for tmobile? No one seems to ask the question. Any way to contract eveleaks or do the authors of this site know? It seems unnatural for tmobile to not get this. I would write to the CEO of tmobile but don't know how to contact him or may be if enough of us would do it, he might respond in kind. There is no way I am going back to the money hungry AT&T.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Isn't there a way someone can find out about 1320 or 1520 for tmobile? No one seems to ask the question. Any way to contract eveleaks or do the authors of this site know? It seems unnatural for tmobile to not get this. I would write to the CEO of tmobile but don't know how to contact him or may be if enough of us would do it, he might respond in kind. There is no way I am going back to the money hungry AT&T.
According to a Nokia Blog, T-Mobile have no interest in picking up these devices, even when AT&T's exclusivity ends. I don't know how reliable that information is though. I wonder if the 925 is just not selling that well for T-Mobile? Or perhaps they're concerned that too many Windows Devices might deflect sales from their investment in the iPhone which they only started selling not that long ago?

I can only imagine the reason T-Mobile even got the 521 was because it was a guaranteed seller given it's price and specs, plus it's not competing directly with the iPhone (not to mention the Samsung Galaxy).

Either way it's tiresome having to wait months on T-Mobile to see if they're even going to stock a new model after it's announced. With it's no contract model you'd think they'd want to stock the lower cost models.

Janak Patel

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
First of all I don't really trust alot of blogs since they might be influenced by certain Carrier or are paid by them. The developer page at Nokia says there is a variant that has Tmos exact LTE frequencies and I don't know of other parts of the world that have the same. I don't think tmo would sit out twice on an high end Lumia after the 1020. I have a feeling that AT&T has a deal with Nokia not to announce anyone but them like in the case of 929 for Verizon. If tmo got this its definitely a converter for them, I know alot of people that are unhappy with AT&T and I preach them to change. There are also those who find the phone more important than paying less every month but that is their perogative, I am not one of them.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
First of all I don't really trust alot of blogs since they might be influenced by certain Carrier or are paid by them. The developer page at Nokia says there is a variant that has Tmos exact LTE frequencies and I don't know of other parts of the world that have the same. I don't think tmo would sit out twice on an high end Lumia after the 1020. I have a feeling that AT&T has a deal with Nokia not to announce anyone but them like in the case of 929 for Verizon. If tmo got this its definitely a converter for them, I know alot of people that are unhappy with AT&T and I preach them to change. There are also those who find the phone more important than paying less every month but that is their perogative, I am not one of them.
I don't want them to just get high end phones. We need a good mid range value phone and the 1320 seems like it was made for T-Mobile in my opinion. The problem with the 1520, is that pricewise it's competing with the Galaxy Note and iPhone. The type of person who is going to spend that kind of money, as much as we don't like to admit it, is going to be tempted by those models first. On the other hand, the 1320 is more likely to attract those upgrading from their first taste of Windows Phone ie the 520/521. This may be one reason we don't see the 1320 over here, just as we didn't see the 625, since carriers may be concerned even high end buyers may think "why buy the 1520 when the 1320 does everything I need for a much better price". Remember, most customers are not spec nerds.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I am tempted by the Note 3 buit I'm going to wait until the 1520 comes out on ATT with the 32 GB version early next year. I cant upgrade until March 2013 anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon