NOKIA 1320 VPN connection over wifi ( for Skype)

jszamindar

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

I am using Nokia 1320 windows phone. recently update for its 8.1 OS. I am facing an unique problem in connecting to Skype via VPN while connected to WiFi.

I am working in a place / country where Skype is blocked. I have downloaded hide.me VPN to connect Skype. The problem i am facing is when i am on a wifi network with VP connected i am not able to connect to SKYPE. how ever if i switch off the wifi connection and use the VPN on cellular data Skype works simple fine.

Can any one please let me know whats the issue and how to get connected to skype via VPN over wifi connection

Thanks
Gnana Kumar

Dr Rose

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Are you sure that VPN is connected when you are on Wifi? Technically speaking, no matter how you get connected to Internet, as long as your VPN connection's established, you should be able to bypass the restriction.

I assume, VPN could not connect through Wifi while it's successfully connect through cellular data, if so, the problem may simply be that the GRE packets are not getting through.
To resolve this issue, make sure the network router/firewall permits GRE protocol 47 (You will want to find and enable a "PPTP passthrough" feature on your router that knows how to handle the GRE packets). In fact both port 1723 and GRE protocol should be opened/enabled to establish VPN connectivity.
Hope it could solve the problem.

Jeff downing

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I am having a similar problem with my nokia lumia since the upgrade to windows 8.1 although I am not going through a vpn. My skype works fine over my data connection but will not connect at all over my home wifi. It maybe that your problem is actually a bug in the new version of skype. I have seen complaints in other forums as well.

good luck
Jeff

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes