So I have a 1520... AMA.

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Congrats on the getting the phone. And man is it huge. Just wondering if there is a way to get the double wide tile to stretch across the entire screen? I doubt they can but when you get a chance, could you just confirm for us. Thanks and enjoy.

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
@Indistinguishable
-.- Okay dude i'm not really informed about the latest lumia models how i'm supposed to actually know if it's released or not?

Benny Vallejo

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I don't know if this is a dumb question or if you have done repairs to a Windows Phone yourself, (specifically Lumia 920) but i noticed when i repaired my wireless charging coil, i was able to find a replacement and install it myself easily. Since the US 1520 is lacking Qi capabilities...do you think it would be safe to assume that we could order a "repair" part in the future and add it into the phone ourselves? A Sort of loophole maybe?

maui911

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Holding the 1520 up to your ear to make a call would probably look stupid to most people, but on the bright side...it will probably force you to use a wired or bluetooth earpiece, thus reducing radiation exposure to your head. I usually use a wired earpiece anyway, so that doesn't bother me. I was able to easily carry around the Note 2 in my pocket while at the gym and elsewhere. I'll probably have to go to AT&T and check it out when released to see if it will be too big to carry around comfortably.

boo516

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I don't know if this is a dumb question or if you have done repairs to a Windows Phone yourself, (specifically Lumia 920) but i noticed when i repaired my wireless charging coil, i was able to find a replacement and install it myself easily. Since the US 1520 is lacking Qi capabilities...do you think it would be safe to assume that we could order a "repair" part in the future and add it into the phone ourselves? A Sort of loophole maybe?

Yeah you can, if you don't mind voiding your warranty day 1

Benny Vallejo

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
@boo516, Ive had my Lumia 920 for almost a year and never had problems with repairs or warranty issues. Ive done all the repairs myself because i don't want to wait 3 weeks for AT&T to send me back a replacement. Warranty has never been an issue. Its worth it to get the wireless charging working on a US model. Though, I'd rather wait till someone else confirms it first....haha.

nola75

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully someone like Negri Electronics will just sell a modified AT&T version. That would be the ideal solution for most people. The price premium would probably be worth it, especially since Negri sells unlocked phones.

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Please show us how long it take the apps to launch, try whatsapp and skype and any other heavy games... also does it getting so much heated when playing heavy games?

ElarioHanna

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
In all pics of the 1520 there is a new icon in the status bar with the battery and phone signal, it has a bell with sound waves next to it, this is new, what is it?

boo516

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
@boo516, Ive had my Lumia 920 for almost a year and never had problems with repairs or warranty issues. Ive done all the repairs myself because i don't want to wait 3 weeks for AT&T to send me back a replacement. Warranty has never been an issue. Its worth it to get the wireless charging working on a US model. Though, I'd rather wait till someone else confirms it first....haha.

I mean, if you have the technical know-how you can do it.

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Is that a 1520 in your pocket or are you just....ugh.

Anyways, thanks lot for posting your info and pictures to WPC. I am happy to see Nokia entire the phablet (I hate that word) arena but this phone is definitely not for me. I'll wait out for the 929.

buggyglint

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
How does the gaming performance compare to your 1020? Is there a noticeable difference in terms of fps in graphically intense games such as N.O.V.A 3, Order & Chaos, Batman, Spider-man etc.

BDBDBD

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
How is it like to type on using a wider keyboard? Is it faster and easier as I assume the keys are bigger and/or further spaced apart?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes