Pre-Order or Wait for even better deals?

MichaelBanning

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
As I carefully use my LG Quantum, the screen for which I shattered last week after dropping it out in the cold weather, I find myself in a pickle.

The $99, $20 app card, (how do I get Spartan Assault for free?) deal on AT&T sounds amazing....but should I wait? I don't expect anyone to be mind readers here, but what is the chance we'll see a better deal - possibly a $.01 deal on Amazon - on Black Friday or another day after launch?

I can't wait that much longer with this broken phone, but money is tight right now. Thoughts?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That's really something that you'll need to decide. Anyone else's guess is about as good as yours when it comes to pricing. We really have no way of knowing when any additional discounts will be available.

4look4rd

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Trade in your quantum and get the 1520 for free. I don't think the deal is going to get any better than this, considering that having the device on launch day is worth a premium too.

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Trade in your quantum and get the 1520 for free. I don't think the deal is going to get any better than this, considering that having the device on launch day is worth a premium too.
^ This... You're not going to find this phone for $.99 on black Friday or for $49.99 any time within the next 6 months.

MichaelBanning

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I considered the trade in option but I don't think my Quantum will qualify because of the cracked screen, plus since I don't think there's a way to transfer text messages from WP7 to WP8 (which really pisses me off because they allowed you to do that with previous Windows Mobile OS's...), I may hold on to my phone in case I need something. Either way, I have the 100 bucks to spend and I need a new phone. I've pre-ordered the phone and will ask about the trade in. Thanks for the help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon