05-22-2014 03:25 PM
156 ... 567
tools
    I have just tried this method and now my phone is unlocked. I am not AT&T customer but I gave my friends' number and received unlock code in 15 minutes. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk
    02-27-2014 05:45 PM
    Well, with the online unlockers finally saying they can unlock a 1520, and with no word from T-Mo from WPC, I broke down and got myself an RM-940, 32GB.

Currently using a cut-down Red Pocket (ATT MVNO) SIM while waiting for the unlock code.

Jeebus, this thing is big. Had it sitting next to my nexus 7, and there's really not a lot of difference there.
    02-28-2014 08:04 AM
    got my unlock code from att, successfully put in the code, popped in tmo sim.....but its not getting service can anyone help?
    03-09-2014 11:23 AM
    Can be unlocked att L1520 bad imei phone for international use?

i have bad esn/imei L1520. I live in uk, can i unlock it for uk use ?

thanks
    03-12-2014 06:08 AM
    Hey guys. This is my first post, I'm 16 and I'm German so please be patient. My uncle bought me a Lumia 1520 locked to AT&T after asking AT&T if they will unlock it and if it will work in Germany. He received it around the 20th of December. He called AT&T (he is a prior costumer) and asked them to unlock it. They said he has to wait up to 5 business days. Ok, sounded good so he travelled to Germany and gave me the phone (Christmas gift :P ). But then, we got some problems. We never heard something from AT&T again. No mail, no call, nothing. Back in the states, he called AT&T again and they said him they can't unlock it because we bought it from eBay (we paid full price) and because he is a prior customer (wtf?!). He called them once more, same result. Because I needed it unlocked I checked out some unlocking websites and finally found one: theunlockingcompany.com After waiting 5 days I got my unlocking code and it worked without any problems. Now I have a fully working Lumia 1520 AT&T in Germany with Vodafone DE for the half price (compared with the price in Germany). One final sentence: AT&T is a kind of ****, in Germany it's much more easier to unlock your phone.
    A few weeks ago, I won an AT&T-locked Nokia Lumia 1520 from a contest at the Microsoft Store. I wanted to unlock the phone because I use PTEL Prepaid service, which is a T-Mobile MVNO. Of course, I had no luck unlocking my phone through AT&T, as I have never been a customer of theirs. They told me to contact the Microsoft Store, and later, to return or sell the phone. I was hesitant to use an unlocking service though, because of some of the complaints I had read about on the Internet.

After reading through this entire thread though, I decided to unlock my phone through theunlockingcompany.com, which is the same company that roman_hess mentioned earlier in his post. Their prices were low among the companies I considered 'legit', and I was impressed with the way they responded to customer comments on their Facebook page. I bought the standard 5-14 delivery time (although they offer an expedited order for about ten dollars more), and my code came within four days.

I just wanted to add my recommendation for their services, since phone unlocking can seem like the Wild West. Hopefully this will be helpful to anyone else who is hesitant to unlock their phone.
    peacefulberry likes this.
    05-22-2014 12:36 PM
    A few weeks ago, I won an AT&T-locked Nokia Lumia 1520 from a contest at the Microsoft Store. I wanted to unlock the phone because I use PTEL Prepaid service, which is a T-Mobile MVNO. Of course, I had no luck unlocking my phone through AT&T, as I have never been a customer of theirs. They told me to contact the Microsoft Store, and later, to return or sell the phone. I was hesitant to use an unlocking service though, because of some of the complaints I had read about on the Internet.

After reading through this entire thread though, I decided to unlock my phone through theunlockingcompany.com, which is the same company that roman_hess mentioned earlier in his post. Their prices were low among the companies I considered 'legit', and I was impressed with the way they responded to customer comments on their Facebook page. I bought the standard 5-14 delivery time (although they offer an expedited order for about ten dollars more), and my code came within four days.

I just wanted to add my recommendation for their services, since phone unlocking can seem like the Wild West. Hopefully this will be helpful to anyone else who is hesitant to unlock their phone.
    Thx for sharing. How does your phone work now? Does data, SMS, mms, etc work flawlessly? What about LTE?
    05-22-2014 03:25 PM
156 ... 567