What case and screen protector did you get?

jbfoster61

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I just received my TPU case today and it fits perfect. I got the clear frosted so the red on my 1520 shows through. Would of been nice if it was all clear.

I got it from eBay user my_gadgetgarage for $5.95.

Lets hope it fits in my leather case coming. I didn't find much in the way of leather cases in vertical or horizontal on eBay for the 1520 so I checked the size of the phone to others out there to see if another phone was close to the same size. This is what I found.

Lumia 1520 = 6.40x3.36x0.33
Samsung Mega = 6.60x3.46x0.31

The Mega is just a tad taller and wider. The Lumia is a tad thicker. I ordered a vertical belt leather case and a horizontal leather belt case made for the Samsung Mega. I'm hoping that the 1520 with the TPU case on will fit in the leather case. Hopefully I will have the leather case in the next few days.

Jim

Last edited:

Richard_Indy

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Cyber monday deal on Amzer here. I like the Amzer case so far. It feels grippy on the sides and all ports, camera and flash openings seem spot on. Certainly worth the 4 Washington's that I spent.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

brandon_powell

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the Nokia case and I really like it, but I do have a TPU case coming from Amazon to use as a secondary case. Just put on a screen protector from Tech Armor (X000IQ6G1J) that is anti glare and fingerprint repellent, so far I really like it. It was easy to install, feels good to the touch, and clear to see through. The real test is to see how well it stays on after a few days.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I also picked up the Belkin Folio case from my local AT&T store. It's definitely thicker than the Nokia CP-623, but it is certainly higher-quality than that case. The CP-623's front is floppy and does not instill confidence in the case's ability to protect the phone. The white/gray cover and the red one both strike me as being scuff/dirt/stain prone.

That said, the Nokia case is much thinner and is slightly lighter than the Belkin case. If my local store carried it in Black I might've taken a chance with it.

I suggest going to an AT&T store and checking the Belkin and Nokia cases out.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I actually like the Nokia flip cover that I got for free with my preorder. I dropped my 1520 for the first time the other day - it actually fell out of my jacket pocket as I was getting out of the car - and the flip cover protected it nicely. All damage, although slight, was done to the cover and not the phone. Amazingly, it landed screen-down but the flip cover stayed closed. I'm pretty happy with it.

LeiChat

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone make something for the 1520 that's similar to the thin slip cases you usually/used to get with HTC phones?
I'll most likely get another Brodit Proclip to mount the phone in my car so I don't really want a snap in case like the official Nokia one.

WP_001061.jpg

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I love my Belkin slip cover case. Fits the phone perfectly and feels and looks great. In fact I get as many compliments about the case as I do the phone.

mofoliar

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
just ordered Amzer pudding case, cant wait.. should arrive the same time as the phone... white case got the red phone..

Meredith43

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
My Yellow 1520 has remained nekkid as the day it was born since its arrival two weeks ago. I will probably put Ghost armor on the screen eventually, but the body of the thing is solid as a rock and buttery smooth, so I am putting off covering that up as long as possible.

Meredith43

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I ended up getting this one: TETDED Premium Leather Case for Nokia Lumia 1520 -- Troyes (LC: Black) - TETDED LIMITED

It's a flip leather case. It's pretty nice and smells like real leather. Let me know if anyone wants pics but it's basically just like in the pictures on the website.

That is BEAUTIFUL!!! Back in the iPhone days, I always purchased SGP cases. I often lament the absence of SPG WP support, but this company looks to have filled that space. I think I will pony up the $50 and get one for the day I put a scratch on my new phone and realize I really do need a cover.

cptlo306

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
That is BEAUTIFUL!!! Back in the iPhone days, I always purchased SGP cases. I often lament the absence of SPG WP support, but this company looks to have filled that space. I think I will pony up the $50 and get one for the day I put a scratch on my new phone and realize I really do need a cover.

It is a great case. The only negative is it doesn't fold completely flat when you fold the flap to the back. It's not a huge deal as you can force it but I'm guessing over time that may damage the leather that holds the flap to the rest of the case. I always bought SGP cases too when I had iPhones. Melkco also makes cases similar to this for many devices. They have one for the 1520 but it's been on backorder for a while. I ordered it before the Tetded case and it still haven't shipped yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SimcolCross