Nokia RM-937 Owner's Thread

Rasahi

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Have the RM-937 variant white color in Pakistan.Yes swiping issue is bit of a headache but overall no other issues.btw one question from all other RM-937 users did you received a protective case in your box? My box came with a black colored case

Yes I did. But mine was white, I wish if it was black. I need to wash the white case every week.

Sent from my RM-937_im_mea3_1019 using Tapatalk

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Just curious...I have the AT&T 1520 and want to flash the rm-937 firmware. Does anybody have any info regarding this? Successes? Failures? Any knowledge on the subject would be appreciated. Thanks.

ceegee4152

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi there, I live in the UK so when you mentioned flashing the Nokia 1520 RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 to UK spec I was very interested. Are there any tutorials available for this procedure ? I am new to Windows phones having previously had to jailbreak Apple phones and hack android. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Iulian Luca

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I am from Romania and I bought the yellow variant of Lumia 1520 RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 manufactured in January 2014
- I have the swipe=tap issue - from 5 swipes 2 are taps - annoying - I talked with @NokiaHelps on twitter and they told me to send the phone back to the seller so it can be checked.
I told them I'm not the only one with this issues, but they didn't answer on that. I tried all the advise they told me and the bug is still there.

Last edited:

Scaperlee

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi hope you can help.. I am in the UK and have a Hong Kong Version, I have put in a THREE Sim card and the phone works well. How and when do you receive the updates? I have heard that the Hong Kong version has received a firmware update but my firmware version is still 1028.3562.1402.0003 How and when are updates sent to the phone? Please Help

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Your phone will check itself once a week for updates or you can check yourself by going into settings and "phone update"

Your phone is up to date with that firmware.

wps81

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I managed to flash my nokia 1520 rm937 Hong Kong to gB yellow Simfree all went fine no problems great guide on xda devs site just for the people who got one and want to do the same.

Can you share firmware version and WP OS version after flashing? Do you get any update after flashing and do you have swipe/tap issue now?

Thanks

Scaperlee

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
:eck:

this is not up to date according to the nokia hong kong website as the current firmware should be 1028.3562.1402.10xx

I'm still not sure who provides the updates? does the carrier? i am with three uk, and they don't sell the nokia 1520 so does that mean i won't get an update ever?

wps81

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

this is not up to date according to the nokia hong kong website as the current firmware should be 1028.3562.1402.10xx

I'm still not sure who provides the updates? does the carrier? i am with three uk, and they don't sell the nokia 1520 so does that mean i won't get an update ever?

Do you have link of Nokia HK with the version number?

wps81

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

According to this thread Re: Lumia 1520 Screen Sensitivity - Page 17 - Nokia Support Discussions
Nokia is still working on this issue. And latest version is at least 1028.3562.1407.1001. But I don't get it.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, I must be dense, don't yell at me.. EDIT: Confirmed: I'm dense. :sweaty: I needed to ADD a new profile in Access Point, rather than trying to modify the active one. That worked. I'll leave the evidence of my stupidity below..

---

I have an RM-937 Hong Kong version, and updated it to WP8.1 DP. Managed to restore a backup from my old 1020. I'm on straight talk, with a mutilated micro SIM cut to a nanosim. Well more like a pico sim, looks like I cut a bit too much.

Anyway, the phone part is working, but I'm not able to connect to the internet even though this worked just fine on my 1020. I realize I can't get LTE on Straight Talk with this phone, but 3G internet should work, right? There's probably a thread on this issue, but my Google skills are failing me. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I was thinking that I'd have to to put in the Straight Talk APN settings, but for some reason in the cell+sim settings pane I can only change the max speed and the network selection (auto or manual) with no APN options. In access point I only have 'AT&T' as the active profile, but when I tap it nothing happens. Well, the text moves briefly, but it doesn't open a settings pane. In Network+ I can change call waiting etc, but also no APN.

This is on WP8.1 DP 8.10.12397.895
Firmware 1028.3562.1402.0003

Last edited:

soul347

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone! I've joined the RM-937 club. Just had a few questions on my mind:

1. Any ideas on how slow or fast we might get the update seeing that we are using the phone without a carrier and it is manufactured for Hong Kong?

2. Anyone here successfully update to Windows 8.1 Preview without much issues? If I wanted to go back to the default ROM, would it be possible?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone! I've joined the RM-937 club. Just had a few questions on my mind:

1. Any ideas on how slow or fast we might get the update seeing that we are using the phone without a carrier and it is manufactured for Hong Kong?

2. Anyone here successfully update to Windows 8.1 Preview without much issues? If I wanted to go back to the default ROM, would it be possible?

Welcome to the club. I just joined yesterday. :) I think the moment WP8.1 'official' comes out you can just install it, no waiting needed. So: 'fast'. Updating to 8.1DP should be easy. I don't know if you first need to set up your phone with a MS account to get to the Preview app in the store, maybe someone here can comment, but other than that: install the Preview for Developers from the store, and then keep checking for phone updates and install as they appear. Worked for me. I complicated things by trying to restore from a 8.1DP 1020 backup, but even that worked.

cocotutch

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Yep, this is my model as well. I'm glad my RM-937 isn't the only one from Hong Kong! And it's good that HK get the update relatively on-time too. I'm excited to begin using this BEHEMOTH primarily. I nicknamed my yellow 1520 "Pikachu" and I love it :D (Nintendo don't sue me plz)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes