Home screen layout

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
If I had a 1520, I'd also have a tough time deciding my Start Screen layout. First, there's the odd number of medium tiles per row, then you can't span the entire width of the screen, then there's so much space I can't even,fill it all!

Jf.Vigor

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
First day I got the phone (3 days ago for the Microsoft Store free sale), I laid on my couch and had netflix on the background for a full hour setting up my start screen. I knew for MONTHS how I wanted it, but getting it that way was tricky. In the end I'm very happy with it. This is the general layout that I jotted down in my onenote page a few months back and brought to life this week with my 1520:

MESSAGING

SOCIAL

WEATHER + NEWS

MUSIC

VIDEO

PHOTOGRAPHY

APPS

SETTINGS + SYSTEM
APPS

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I use a androidish layout, I have small toggles on the top for wifi/3g/bluetooth/location/flashlight/battery% then as I move down I place info, so dates/times/weather, and then move down to what I use the most often.
By the time you reach the bottom its stuff I like but dont use often.

duncan0622

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I spent many times in setting up the home screen in beginning because it's hard to make good balance between beauty and usability. But now I satisfied my masterpiece. I have to say the extra live tile column do help a lot! Just enjoy setting up my homescreen for fun now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes