How much does the screen size HELP you?

Matthew Moore4

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm a Verizon customer who had already decided to make the switch from Apple to Windows Phone. Now I just have to decide whether to switch to ATT for the 1520, or wait on the nearly identically powered, but smaller Icon.

So my question is, how many of you actually feel that you are aided, productivity wise (email, picture-taking, document editing) by the screen size of the 1520? Thanks for all your help in advance.

tonybessette

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm a Verizon customer who had already decided to make the switch from Apple to Windows Phone. Now I just have to decide whether to switch to ATT for the 1520, or wait on the nearly identically powered, but smaller Icon.

So my question is, how many of you actually feel that you are aided, productivity wise (email, picture-taking, document editing) by the screen size of the 1520? Thanks for all your help in advance.

I switched to AT&T for the lower priced plan (Company discount)...also for the roll over minutes. I only use the 450 minutes but rarely call anyone, so I have an insane amount of roll over minutes for that one month (in the future), that I do go hog wild on the phone. The coverage is debatable on who is better...AT&T or VZW. Never had an issue with AT&T's coverage. I also love that AT&T doesn't go crazy with the labeling...on every VZW phone you see Verizon like five times. I prefer NO carrier labels on my phone, but AT&T is subtle if at all.

Now for the question of the 6" screen. I was on the fence....was 6" too big....should I wait for a 5" so I don't stand out, with a gigantic phone? Honestly it's big, but once you have handled it for a week or more, it starts to feel like a normal sized phone. The smaller ones 4", 5" look and feel like toys. The 1520 large screen is lovely looking at photos, and for reading....it's pretty much my new e-reading device. It's almost a nexus 7, with out the excessive bezels of the N7. The Lumia 1520 is WAY worth getting.......on top of AT&T perks compared to VZW.

techsilver13

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I went from an s4 to the g2 and I love the size. Typing is a dream on this thing. Its even faster than a computer keyboard. The screen is beautiful watching videos and looking at the great pictures this phone takes. Easily to greatest phone on the market with the speed, camera, and screen size. Apps are debatable. The only thing I miss is play music but I use it through ie. (now I also use Xbox music which is amazing) I haven't thrown my books on it yet, got it two days ago and work a lot. My advice is get it.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

techsilver13

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Something else I wanted to throw out was about rooting on android and hail breaking with ios. When I had my iPhone 3, 3gs, 4, 4s all I did was theme my device and waist hours on end. I then went to android thinking I wouldn't be wasting time doing that anymore and boy was I wrong. It was worse. Too many ROMs and backing up/flashing/setting up the ROM was stupid time consuming. I came to Windows Phone this week and so far its me enjoying my phone and not just fiddling with crap. The PPI on the 1520 is great (g2 had 400 something but its not a noticeable difference). I absolutely feel I made the correct choice.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

serpico

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I was actually thinking about this phone due to the screen size since I'm using a Note 2. But the more I think about it, after a year with the Note 2 the screen size is becoming an issue especially when I don't have large enough pockets or a bag with me. Winter months are fine since we have coats to wear with larger pockets.

I can't imagine how much more of an issue it will be with 6" too. I love the large screen for so many tasks but seems I need a new wardrobe to justify these big phones now! The 1520 is a very nice phone from what I've seen and read.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
On the question of screen size, well, I came from various devices already. First touch phone was I think 2.8 then 3.2 then 4 and so on and so forth. Biggest I used prior to the 1520 was 4.7. I really thought that 4-5 would be a sweet spot for me. I heard about the 1520 having 6 inches and I was turned off at first. Things changed though when I held a dummy unit. It's big but I'd say tolerable for me. Some adjustments and now everything seems easier. My messages get written better, emails are perfect, web browsing is more comfortable, etc. Rarely do I utilize spell check because I plug in the letters more accurately. I can place the phone as well in my pocket with ease. I don't really wear super loose pants neither do I wear skinny jeans so it's easy putting it inside. Really love the screen size of this beast. No regrets in getting it

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes