Straight Talk

CrockettGTO

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Are you able to port over your att phone number to ST? Sorry I'm new to this. I read you don't have to unlock the ATT 1520 as long as you use the ATT ST sim? If using this sim, is number porting even a need? Any help would be appreciated

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
If you want to port an at&t # to ST, yes, that is possible. The phone doesn't need to be unlocked to use on ST. when you say using 'this sim', which sim are you talking about at&t or ST?

CrockettGTO

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I thought I read that there is a ST ATT sim and a T-Mobile one too. I mean the ATT one from ST when I say "this" sim. I am confused why I would even need a different sim than the ATT one I have now if ST offers an ATT one.

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
You read it right, there is a ST at&t sim and a ST T-Mobile sim. You would port the number if and only if you want the same phone # on ST. At&t and ST are two different carriers, hence you need to buy the ST sim to use their service. Benefits of choosing ST at&t sim is, you get at&t service at ST rates and you don't have to unlock your at&t phone to use ST sim on it.

mtmt88

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Just want to report that I successfully migrated from an unlocked 920 running ST to an ATT locked 1520. Was a little nervous but took the leap, took the micro SIM out of the 920 and cut it down to a nano. Put it in the 1520, was able to make and receive calls right away. However, in order to enable data and picture text, I had to change the APN to ST's.

skoles

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Just want to report that I successfully migrated from an unlocked 920 running ST to an ATT locked 1520. Was a little nervous but took the leap, took the micro SIM out of the 920 and cut it down to a nano. Put it in the 1520, was able to make and receive calls right away. However, in order to enable data and picture text, I had to change the APN to ST's.

I've been searching weeks for apn settings for Lumia 1520!! I have internet, I can receive text messages but NOT send!! So frustrated

mtmt88

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I've been searching weeks for apn settings for Lumia 1520!! I have internet, I can receive text messages but NOT send!! So frustrated

Quote Originally Posted by lumia920lover View Post

Internet APN:
APN: tfdata
User name: (blank)
Password: (blank)
Proxy server (URL): (blank)
Proxy port: (blank)

*MMS APN:
APN: tfdata
User name: (blank)
Password: (blank)
WAP gateway (URL): mms3.tracfone.com
WAP gateway port: 80
MMSC (URL): http://mms-tf.net/
MMSC port: 80
Maximum MMS size: (blank)

And it literally started working IMMEDIATELY! (if not, please reboot your phone)
I hope this is helpful... as it would have been for me two days ago when I bought the phone..
Thanks.
^^^ try this

maucer

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I am not sure if anyone is following this thread anymore, but I switched to StraightTalk about a month ago, and have been experiencing huge delays in my google voice notifications as well (among other things). I've tried several different apps to get this resolved, but none have worked for me... so I decided to write my own. It was published to the google play store this morning (Android 2.3+ currently). If anyone sees this, please try it out, and let me know what you think.

Always On Push Notifications

Terrell Wilson

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Confirmed working settings 4/1/2014 (No April Fools Joke!)

wp_ss_20140401_0001.jpg
wp_ss_20140401_0002.jpg
wp_ss_20140401_0003.jpg

Nokia Lumia 1520 - ATT Locked to Carrier

I hope this works for everyone else. Post as stick if successful for more than just me!

Mantacore24

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Hope you can help with some info

Hey,
I am thinking of getting an unlocked Nokia Lumia 1520 so that I can (hopefully) drop on of Straight Talk's BYOP sim cards in it. I have found two that I like and was wondering if you knew of they would work, or if I should look else where. They are:
Amazon.com: Nokia Lumia 1520 White, Factory Unlocked: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: Nokia Lumia 1520 Black Factory Unlocked RM-937 4G/LTE 800/900/1800/2100/2600 International version no warranty: Cell Phones & Accessories

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Hope you can help with some info

They will work, but you won't get 4g/LTE speeds.
Hey,
I am thinking of getting an unlocked Nokia Lumia 1520 so that I can (hopefully) drop on of Straight Talk's BYOP sim cards in it. I have found two that I like and was wondering if you knew of they would work, or if I should look else where. They are:
Amazon.com: Nokia Lumia 1520 White, Factory Unlocked: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: Nokia Lumia 1520 Black Factory Unlocked RM-937 4G/LTE 800/900/1800/2100/2600 International version no warranty: Cell Phones & Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes