Email issues

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if this has been addressed, but I just got my 1520....love it btw! Was skeptical after reading some of the negative reviews, but so far its been outstanding!!! Got the 32gb btw from att! Anyways my main email is through WOW cable, just like Comcast, its a pop3 address. Anyways on my 1020 I received my messages right away! I would send an email to myself and it would be received within seconds on my 1020...i had then my google account linked up with it and no issues. Now it has hotmail.....I tried that, linked in my Gmail account, but there is a delay almost 20 to 25 minutes. I went into settings, email, hotmail and unchecked email and have tried adding back my pop3 works shortly and then the tile disappears or wont stay linked with my Gmail.....any advice? Thanks?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Exactly which email addresses are you linking to which account? Are you linking your WOW address to Gmail or Hotmail? I really have a time telling what is being linked based upon your description. Would you please clarify what you've done?

Tim Bearden

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
My HTC Titan had a setting where it would load new email as they come in. The fastest setting I can find on 1520 is every 15 minutes. I'm using G-mail and am wondering if anyone knows of anyway to change that with a work around?

I added the MetroMail app and it's updating good with that. The only problem now is that that notification sound is hard to hear even when turned all the way up. Hopefully the 'Update as items arrive' is added sometime soon.

Last edited:

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Exactly which email addresses are you linking to which account? Are you linking your WOW address to Gmail or Hotmail? I really have a time telling what is being linked based upon your description. Would you please clarify what you've done?

Thanks for responding....sorry for the confusion! When I set up the phone, I had two tiles, one said Hotmail, and that was connected to WOW, since that is my main e-mail address. I then just made a pop3 tile under settings, which again is WOW. I never linked my accounts until a week ago when I did it on accident on my 1020, but it worked fine. So, I went to my WOW tile I made, not the hotmail tile, and linked my gmail to it. It would link. On my phone, I would create an email, I would select one of my address from the linked tile, either the WOW or gmail, and send it to WOW. It would come right away to my WOW account, the one linked with gmail. I would just hit sync, and it would pop up. I would then go back to this linked tile say 5 min later, and hit sync and only the gmail was synced, I would then try to create a new email and only my gmail was linked, I would have to every time go under settings and link WOW account again.

So I just deleted the WOW account I made in settings. I went to the hotmail tile, which already again had my WOW set up to it to begin with and linked my gmail. I would sent a test email. I would then sync the account and nope, nothing. Always say up to day, then about 20 min later tops, sometimes a littler earlier the email would come through. Anyways just annoying may just make two seperate tiles for my email one pop3 for WOW and one for gmail and get rid of hotmail, but any help would be appreciated....hope that helps and yes I have my settings to check every 15 min.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes